Mental Health Forums

Damn Fibromyalgia

Eagleheart

Having an escalating flare-up. Today the pain has got the better of me and i am barely able to move.Mostly,i manage to ignore it and just do what i want,but the price for such an approach is this. It's total pants.

I am maxed out on all the drugs i am prescribed. I've had my tramadol SR,my co-codamol,ibuprofen and diazepam. And after all that,my pain level is getting worse. WTF???

A big side-effect of intense pain is depression.On days like today,it is easy to become suicidal.The combination of pain PLUS deep depression pushes me close to the edge. Hubby has lit a fire to keep me warm.My muscle pain gets really bad if i am cold,which i am most of the time! We live in a draughty old sandstone cottage whose only source of heat is the open fire.Winter can be a nightmare.In 2010,the temperature was down to -20 degrees.The forecasters reckon we're in for the same sort of thing this winter.I can't think about that too much or panic sets in.

Anyway,i just needed to rant a bit.Pain really does my head in.Sorry about this.

so sorry to read this

has anyone suggested pregabalin ??

its being used a lot now for anxiety - but has also been shown to help people with cfs, fibromyalgia, and similar things

xxxx

Hiya Walker.No,no-one's suggested it,but next time i am at the doc,i will ask about it. Thanks very much for that.

I'm going to have to log out now.Been sitting in an awkward position and my back has gone into spasm.

Stay safe everyone.Sending you all loads of love.xxx

hope ur nice and warn just now hun, hope something out there can help u with the pain.

just wanted u to know was thinking about how u are xx

i can ttally agree with you eagl that pain is nightmare!! i've got issues with my spine and i am in pain constantly fromthe minit i get upto the minit i go t bed. i'm on tramadol for my pain but its shight and dosn't wok so i'mleft to suffer in silence as the doctors in this place take no notice of what i say at all. think i will have more joy out in the comunity pain wise i reccon. ...

Hello from the frozen depths of scotland!

Many thanks for all your comments.WALKER- i've just been reading up on pregabalin & am keen to discuss it with my gp.Thanks for flagging it up to me.

I had a bad night and got very little sleep,so the pain is,if anything,worse.I was so determined to get a good sleep i even took 8mg diazepam,on top of the quetiapine,duloxetine and nortriptyline.I assumed that lot would knock me out.How wrong was i?

I am sitting in the cold atm,but hubby says he will light a fire in a while.Totally lush! I am like a sponge,sucking in the heat while we have it. It's already below freezing and my hands are seizing up as i type.Going to get a cuppa and clamp my hands round the mug to thaw out.

Bad pain=misery & depression. Still,i am lucky that it's only fibro i have to deal with.Could be a lot worse.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived