Mental Health Forums

The Real Apocalypse 2012

Jinxsta

SOOO GUTTED... just wrote a massive post on this an lost it, and really dont think i can type it all again, i'll try;

First, I can't express how much this is urmmm important to me?... how much it is, and WILL affect my life. I know this because of how the millennium apocalypse saga affected me, i truly believe it played a major part in my mental wellness demise, i have only got over the millennium in the past year or so... now its about to happen again.

There are many theories http://2012apocalypse.net/ many religions believe it, scientists seem divided, people into spiritualism seem to believe it will be a spiritual awakening, but not the end of the world. I read all views, watch documentaries and ask others views, and i respect everyone's views, i find it scary that the people I know who poo-pooed the millennium saga, are believers in 2012. There are people that when i try to speak to them about it, they tell me shut-up because they cant bare thinking about it (that's not me analysing, but what they say). How can so many people be wrong?

I wish i could sign myself into hospital for the day and the last few days leading up to it, so i can be monged out with staff on hand whatever the verdict. Think i may get a loan and go private... because i will wanna top myself, i wont handle the anticipation and the uncertainty, so at least if im in hospital and it does happen i wont know much about it, if it doesnt, ive not gone through the major stress,and ive not killed myself over something that didnt happen.

I really want peoples views, opinions, beliefs on the whole thing, how do u feel, and/or what do you think i can do to help myself... what are you doing?

Im really scared and like always i haven't been speaking about what is REALLY getting to me... maybe this is the cause of my recent demise.

Anything you say is appriciated.

xx xx xx

Obviously my opinion....

Absolute bullshit, sick of fearmongering religious fundamentalist morons pretending they know anything. No sense dwelling on that stuff jinx. As for the how can so many people be wrong question, it's because there are quite a lot of idiots in the world :P

Hunni I do believe in this and other predictions. If you lived in the path of hurricane Sandy and lost your life you would think it was that. If you lost some one or died on 9/11 you'd think it was that. The boxing day tsunami, the 7/7 bombings in London, the famine in Africa, the AIDS virus, Iraq, Afghanistan, the avalanche deaths, 2010 Indonesia volcano, fukushima earthquake and consequent nuclear leaks. If it happens to you then it is the end, or if it is some one you love. Some people are living a hell on earth right now.

I look at what you wrote, and im like "ARGHHHH why oh why cant i think like that?????"

Really wish i could sooooo much.

Thank you for your opinion.

xx xx xx

Hunni I do believe in this and other predictions. If you lived in the path of hurricane Sandy and lost your life you would think it was that. If you lost some one or died on 9/11 you'd think it was that. The boxing day tsunami, the 7/7 bombings in London, the famine in Africa, the AIDS virus, Iraq, Afghanistan, the avalanche deaths, 2010 Indonesia volcano, fukushima earthquake and consequent nuclear leaks. If it happens to you then it is the end, or if it is some one you love. Some people are living a hell on earth right now.

Hi Madisson,

I know to me, the hurricane has certainly added to my fears of it being true... new york under water... london next?

Thanks

xx xx xx

i understand your fears Jinx, and i dont mean to belittle them but...

"how can so many people be wrong..."

http://en.wikipedia....calyptic_events

so, although it has been predicted LOADS of times, it hasn't happened yet so chances are it won't...

Hi Villan,

Thanks for your reply, I just read the wiki link and i can see where your coming from, there have been plenty of predictions... i did look at each of them and lot to me seemed like urmm how do i say.. crazy people? a few yes were joint preditions from different places and no they didn't happen... but still in my head its "What if this one is right?"

... i watched a program about a week ago that was about probability and they were saying there is no such thing as probability basically if a roulette wheel spins and lands on black a hundred times in a row, most people will say the it is probable that the next spin it will land on red.. but that is incorrect because the odds never change, there is still just as much chance of it landing on black.

Soooo to me i suppose, it doesn't matter how many people have said it and been wrong... because the truth is no-one knows what will happen, therefore there are no odds.

and to you and everyone reading this, please feel free to say what u like, i wont take it the wrong way or think u are belittling my fears, because im well aware everyone gas different views on this, and im fascinated to read them.

xx xx xx

hey jinx

just a thought i had...

did you do work on "acceptance" in your dbt?

cos i think that stuff may help you here, cos basically, if the world is about to end, there is pretty much nothing you can do about it (unless of course you are John Cusack and boy was that a shit film!) so, isnt it just a waste of energy and mental health worrying about it?

i know it is easy for me to say cos we all know it isnt that easy to do, but do you have any dbt skills you remember that could help you - even if they only help just a little...

Jinx I thought about Sandy and New York being under water, which is a prediction of Nostradamus? And he also predicts London or the south of England will be. But New York are cleaning up, it is still habitable. People died but it wasn't an apocalypse.

hey jinx

just a thought i had...

did you do work on "acceptance" in your dbt?

cos i think that stuff may help you here, cos basically, if the world is about to end, there is pretty much nothing you can do about it (unless of course you are John Cusack and boy was that a shit film!) so, isnt it just a waste of energy and mental health worrying about it?

i know it is easy for me to say cos we all know it isnt that easy to do, but do you have any dbt skills you remember that could help you - even if they only help just a little...

Funny u saying that villan, that was actually, thinking about it, it was DBT and doing a lot of radical acceptance with my old T that got me over me thinking that the end of the world was gonna happen every new year. But that was kind of couple with ten years of it not actually happening and now, I guess although I know I cant change it, i cant help being anxious well, dispairing about it... I have had it said to me before, the only way i can describe it, is its like, constantly having a gun held to my head... i know im probaly gonna get shot but that doesnt stop the anticipation and worry.

xx xx xx

Thanks for replies..

Yes thats very true maddison... but seems my mind has an answer for eveything... maybe that's just a taste of what's to come?

You are all actually helping me by the way, i know im coming back with counter arguments but at the start of this i was shaking and crying... now, im just eating pickled onions :-b

xx xx xx

i totally understand jinx - i think it is a similar thing as to why cbt doesnt do shit for me...

someone can tell me stuff til they are blue in the face and i can believe some of it but it still doesnt change the way i feel!

like my head and emotions are out of synch... like there is no logical reason for me feeling like this. indeed, all logic points the other way, but i still feel it and i cant help it and no manner of words or evidence or anything will change the way i feel!

at least i think that's what you mean... sorry if i misinterpreted! xx

It is good to talk hunni this is a big subject and we all have opinions and some can help you see it isn't so bad and most importantly you aren't alone.

i totally understand jinx - i think it is a similar thing as to why cbt doesnt do shit for me...

someone can tell me stuff til they are blue in the face and i can believe some of it but it still doesnt change the way i feel!

like my head and emotions are out of synch... like there is no logical reason for me feeling like this. indeed, all logic points the other way, but i still feel it and i cant help it and no manner of words or evidence or anything will change the way i feel!

at least i think that's what you mean... sorry if i misinterpreted! xx

Yes!!!

You got it in one! you explain me well, thanks, i couldnt explain lol... I suppose its like with OCD they say a person with OCD knows what they are doing is irrational but they are compelled to do it because the anxiety is so high... thats me also.

Ah man.

xx xx xx

glad i got it right - but also sorry i did :( cos it's a bitch innit...

my fave one is: i know i checked the door was locked but i feel anxious i left it open! i have never left it open before so i have no reason to feel this!

and cos i can't logically work out why i feel like that, it just makes it worse!

going back to the original topic, i can really relate to how this stuff affects you, and i really hope you can keep yourself as safe as you can hun...

glad i got it right - but also sorry i did :( cos it's a bitch innit...

my fave one is: i know i checked the door was locked but i feel anxious i left it open! i have never left it open before so i have no reason to feel this!

and cos i can't logically work out why i feel like that, it just makes it worse!

going back to the original topic, i can really relate to how this stuff affects you, and i really hope you can keep yourself as safe as you can hun...

Yeahh its a bitch alright... I call it the OCD monster.....I get the door thing too amongst a million other stooooopid things, so annoying.

So, I think we have established my reations/ feelings towards 2012 are OCD related...hmmm ... thats interesting.

Thank you

xx xx xx

All i can say right now, is, this is getting worse, its taking over... i cant explain... its just bad, i know its bad.

From what I understand it's the end of a cyclic calendar, not the end of everything.

The "prediction" came from half a stone tablet that may or may not have been translated correctly...anyone who is of Mayan descent has never heard of the prophecy, whereas people who write books, make films and sell t-shirts believe is vehemently...that seems like a no brainer to me...

Also, I do notice that for all of their predictive powers, the Mayans never saw the Spanish coming to wipe them all out.

The oldest recorded civilisation to date comes from Sumeria (modern day Iraq) and they have a different view on it all, which is highly fascinating and draws parallels with a lot of religions including breaching the gap between science and religion to explain things like Genesis...they don't mention anything in their prophecies about the end of the world either...

Each day is another day. If you get through that and you're surviving, then you're winning.

Try not to worry yourself...

X

Hi DJUK,

Thank you for your response.

The Mayan prophesy was the first that I knew about relating to the 2012 saga, and I've watched a few documentaries on it and they made me feel a lot better because they disproved the theory with science and I also saw them interview the Mayan descendants who like you say knew nothing about it.

The reason my fear has flared right up again is because since i have researched it further its not just the Mayans that have allegedly predicted the end, there's a whole multitude of people and religions that have or are predicting this.... also all the strange unexplained things that have been happening proves that something is not right.... birds dropping out the sky, tonnes of herring washing up on the shore in Norway, beached whales, eerie noises being heard by whole countries and states, tidal waves, hurricanes, storms, earthquakes, UFO sightings sky rocketing.... the list is endless, I know some of the things there can be other reason for, or have been going on for a long, long time, but put it all together it seems nature is giving us a massive heads-up.

I'm 90% convinced that this is going to happen, I can't have a conversation with people without me talking about it and pissing people off... people keep talking about christmas, saw my neighbour yesterday and she asked me what I wanted, I told her theres no pint coz we wont be here and shes like "no, seriously, what do you want?" and im like "NO, SERIOUSLY dont bother wasting your money, WE WONT BE HERE"... then she was asking about a recent business venture i've been doing and asking if she could invest in it, and again i'm saying theres not alot of point, the worlds ending. Also i went to my local shop yesterday and they are doing a christmas raffle, I been buying strips with any left over change... then yesterday I had to ask when it was being drawn and insist it be before the 21st, and explained why, she just laughed thinking i was joking.

I was speaking to my mum a few days ago about it, and we spoke for a while exclusively on the subject, but when the conversation moved on i was still on referring back to it and she got irritated and said "For fuck sake, shut up about it, I don't wanna know about it, i'll get MYSELF in a state over it".

I wanna get some survival kit stuff just in case its a major disaster rather than the complete end, but not knowing for certain what kind of disaster it could be, its hard to know what to buy... thinking lots of tinned food, big bottles of water, some sort of protection clothing, stuff to use to reinforce the flat.

I feel sick with anxiety all the time, I cannot think of anything else, I'm even thinking what's the point in paying the bills or going to college?

I went out yesterday into town, which was big as it was as I haven't been anywhere other than to MH appointments and the shops and i was looking at people laughing and smiling and talking to eachother and i was thinking "you don't know whats gonna happen to us, you wont be here next month"... and it choked me up.

The worst thing about it is me thinking I would rather kill myself, than die in an earthquake or tidal wave or whatever it may be, and that thought is getting stronger and stronger as every day ticks by, i'm a ticking time bomb.

I feel like I'm "In the know" like I need to go warn everyone, so people can make sure they are with there families when it happens and can be prepared, but then again I wonder if its better to be blissfully unaware.

Even sometimes on here when people are posting about stuff affecting there futures, I have to really stop myself from saying "Look, don't worry soon enough you wont be here".

I have touched on it with my CPN and she thinks I have PTSD symptoms from the millenium.... I was thirteen at the time, and absolutely petrified and everyone around me tormented me about it like "ohhhhhh make sure you hold on to your hat" "you ready for the bomb to go off?" "Make sure your nice to me, coz you wont see me again"... I was a complete bag of nerves, puking all day, hyperventilating, shaking from head to toe, no-one comforted me other than "Oh, dont be daft, you wont know anything about it anyway" everyone just thought it was funny... but i was so scared, so very scared.... from there my mental health plummeted thats when the panic attacks started the OCD worsened, the self harm started and i made my first suicide attempt... later worsened even more by 9/11. I was just about over it in the last year now its all back tenfold.

I don't know what to do, I really don't, I hate feeling this way.

xx xx xx

There have been a lot of "end of the world" scenarios over the entire course of history. But we're still here. The harsh reality is that life is fragile and it can go at any moment, regardless of a tidal wave or an earthquake...we're pretty lucky in the UK that we don't get these major disasters.

I'll share with you what helps me.

I am a child of the universe. Every atom, every molecule in my body is the same that is in anything...from plastic to stars, we are all made up of the same composition and I find it hard to believe that the universe would turn on itself. There are ebbs and flows in nature...things are constantly changing and ultimately, the body in which I live is not a representation of who I am. When it breaks down and no longer houses my consciousness, I will still be a part of everything because as my body decomposes I will nourish the earth with the decaying minerals. To that end, I'm part of a cycle and connected to everything at a very basic scientific level...that for me is the real crux of where science and religion meets.

You are a child of the universe and the universe loves you. You don't judge blades of grass and in the same way, they don't judge you.

I hope you manage to find some peace.

X

Next time you get a chance, try and get out somewhere away from it all...find the highest place you can, for me its rocks...look around you and take in everything you can see...see how beautiful it all is...that's nature...not the small games that we play.

My friend wrote this song... I hope you enjoy it - "The sun will rise and the moon will shine and the birds will sing your name..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6DhHe6yPyo

X

That song is beautiful, made me cry coz its so touching, thanks for sharing that.

I am a child of the universe. Every atom, every molecule in my body is the same that is in anything...from plastic to stars, we are all made up of the same composition and I find it hard to believe that the universe would turn on itself. There are ebbs and flows in nature...things are constantly changing and ultimately, the body in which I live is not a representation of who I am. When it breaks down and no longer houses my consciousness, I will still be a part of everything because as my body decomposes I will nourish the earth with the decaying minerals. To that end, I'm part of a cycle and connected to everything at a very basic scientific level...that for me is the real crux of where science and religion meets.

I love that view, and my rational and my spiritual minds think along the same lines, but I guess those minds are not as strong as my irrational and fearful minds, I don't feel secure because I am not confident in any theories of human existence the meaning of life and/or the afterlife... I find that people who have strong religious beliefs are not worried about the apocalypse or major disasters (Or not so much at least) because they believe they believe they will be protected or that they will move on to the next life or next spiritual plane. I envy those people so much, it must be a peaceful life, to not fear the unknown.

I wish I could at least just stay rational but my mind is just spiralling out of control, and the media isn't helping, making films and adverts and songs depicting the end of the world, it gets me thinking that its all signs or its all from the world powers to prepare our minds in some way, and the more I think about it the more things i spot.

I know im going round in circles.

xx xx xx

Archived