Mental Health Forums

The Real Apocalypse 2012

Jinxsta

I've just ordered a load of kit, in the hope that if i am at least prepared for a disaster i might feel a little less anxious. I've got a giant built-in, concrete storage cupboard, its about ten foot by 3 foot, i'm gonna clear it out, so that its empty, run a power supply and light in there and make it my bunker. Just brought loads of tinned food, some giant bottles of water... this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180994297447 and need to get something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Czech-Model-Z-gas-mask-filter-and-bag-NEW-UNISSUED-/180749989779?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item2a1589f793 ... lots of other stuff to get but that will have to wait for next payday.... its a start.

xx xx xx

Hello jinxta.

I totally understand. I have been researching, and my conclusion is the world is going to go through major changes. As for an apocalypse apparently we are more likely to have a aerious pandemic than be wiped out.

When 1990 arrived, I stood on the step bringing in the new year thinking "we've only got 10 years left to live".

I was constantly terrified of The End.

2000 came and went and I relaxed a bit, then came 9/11 which bought fresh panic over nukes landing on us.

By the time the Rapture was supposed to be on us, I'd given up caring!

I think that 22nd December will arrive as normal and we can all rush out and buy the Christmas presents I didn't buy before, I mean why waste money on chrimbo pressies if the world is due to end 4 days before?

However, I am asking people what they want with a view to buying them in the next few weeks.

Oh, quick add on.

There are 22 time zones on this planet and at no time is each one managing to be on the same day, so if the world was to come to an end at 5pm, then it would come as a shock to Australians who'd think it was time to relax as it would be the day after over there!

I think the main question I ask myself, is whether I'd want to survive...to fritter away the hours of life that I still have, just waiting for a death that might never happen.

I wish there was something more I could say, something that would ease away the tension.

Would you want to suffer, to eek out the last remnants of survival in an ever decaying world? To be buried in some pit somewhere, too afraid to leave your coffin...I'd rather go down with the rest of them...

There are many theories on this and that's all they are, theories...no scientific proof, only religion and media vying for control of the manipulation.

As Public Enemy once said...Don't believe the hype...be yourself and be the best you can be. That's all you have to do.

Sending you peace, love and light...stay safe. X

Hi Breezer.

That seems to be what spiritualists believe, or that its going to be some kind of awakening, but nothing major like the end of civilisation

Hi JOM,

Sounds like you have felt just like me, I worry alot also about the war, I can't watch the world news when they are talking about all the world leaders that the west have pissed off Korea, Israel and Iran scare me the most. The only time I don't care about such things is when i'm throroughly depressed, because then I don't give how I die or who/what controls it. I'll not be buying Christmas presents either, in fact i'm not even planning to celebrate christmas this year because if we are still here, I can't just switch from pure fear and anxiety to playing happy famillies.

Thanks for reminding me about the timezones, I forgot but that was partial to helping get over my 11 year Y2K phobia, only thing is this prediction isn't time based, which is probably just as well, or I would be counting down on every time zone LOL.

Hi DJJK,

What you say makes complete and utter sense, and its probably exactly what I would be saying to someone else, if I wasn't feeling it myself. If I was told medically that I had a month to live, I'm pretty sure I would be making the best of my time, trying to cram in as much as i could.... but somehow I don't think I would be as scared as I am now, I think maybe more than anything its the uncertainty that unnerves me sooo much... it's part of my nature, like even if say for example, i'm going out for lunch with someone and they say, the day before that they don't know where we are going yet or, what time, im freaked out, i need to be prepared for things mentally even if its just pub lunch or pizza. I cannot prepare for this because there is not one person on this planet who can tell one-hundred percent what will happen

xx xx xx

I just been self-analysing a little, thinking "Why is it i cannot be pacified by anyone?"... so, I thought back to childhood and any occasion I think of when I was scared, I wasn't consoled, I was teased, anyone would be, if anyone showed fear of anything it would be exploited, they would only be "mucking about"... but there was no other way, no other response, so if you were scared of anything you were better off keeping it to yourself, deep inside where of course fear festers.

xx xx xx

You say It's not a time based prediction, but it is really.

As not everyone is on the same day at any one point, the 21st Dec is baseless because for some it would be 20th and others the 22nd.

You say It's not a time based prediction, but it is really.

As not everyone is on the same day at any one point, the 21st Dec is baseless because for some it would be 20th and others the 22nd.

....Thats very true, who reaches the 21st earliest then?

Some predictions are after the 21st, but i'm trying my hardest not to research them.

xx xx xx

• 1 month later...

Hey,

Just wanted to pull this up again, rather than starting a new topic on the same thing....

...just its a week away and i'm REALLY getting bad about it, kind of put it to the back of my mind for some time but it all hit me again last night, I tried to sleep but each time I just dropped off to sleep i was going insane, felt like i couldn't breathe, and could only move my arms and legs, so was thrashing about, punching and kicking, trying to come too, then i was getting a strange sensation in my throat, like when something "catches your breath" i was coughing and heaving and my eyes were streaming almost like an allergic reaction.... so i would eventually be able to move, sit up, get my breath back, calm my mind... try to sleep then the same thing would happen, it was hell.

I kept waking up this morning and i was frightened to be awake, so i kept forcing myself back to sleep... eventually got up after 12 and just had anxiety all day.

I can't take this and i know im without help, all that can help is to be heavily sedated until its all over, but then i would need supervision and i have none... sooooo, pretty fucked.

xx xx xx

Hey Maddison,

thanks, I appreciate your optimism but, I know I can't get through it, I got the last twelve years of "New years eve" episodes to back that up, and I believe this more than I believed that.... distraction doesn't work, impossible to relax, i'm like a rubber band ball aimlessly bouncing around, waiting to ping apart, everything triggers me, i'm hypersensitive to sounds and smells, thinking everything is a sign of things to come... what makes it worse is i have a funeral to attend that day, that is going to be awful enough, but I can't even grieve because I'm so fixated on this.

xx xx xx

Archived