Mental Health Forums

Got My Dog Back

donnam

Today i have my dog back, she has been living with my mum and dad since march while i have been in hosp, and today she has come home! my parents are 2 hours away from us so i couldnt just pop round and see her, but she has settled straight back at home and best of all remembers me yay! not sure my cats are happy about the return of Tianna tho lol, i did have them all at the same time, so they r used to her, but they prefer her not been there! nice to have all my family back. :masked:

• 2 weeks later...

Really lovely to read this post and so pleased that you have your Dog back.xxxxxxx How's Cookie with Tianna?xx I think it is lovely you have such a large furry family.xx

things have gone really wrong, the dog Tianna seriously attacked one of our cats and has also bitten my daughter this week, she is overcome with jealousy with anyone been near me so what was good news to have her back is bad news as she now has to be rehomed, i cant h ave her biting my kids. my hubby is taking her back to the breeders today as i am distraught and cant do it :(

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear this. Understand you really can't risk this happening. When you had Tianna before was she jealous like this? Oh its so sad. Hope the cat will be ok and your child not too much in shock and badly hurt. Feel for you all and for Tianna.x Horrible but understandable decision to have to make.

my hubby drove her back to the breeders where we bought her from yesterday, i m trully heart broken, i adored Tianna and her me, i couldnt take her back it would have been harder for the both of us.

her jealousy has been getting worse i think, as at my parents she was the only pet, but didnt seem bothered by our animals when she came home, but then just snapped, no one saw it coming it happened so quick. the kitty seems ok, tho i am surprised he was unhurt as it was a very vicious attack, think it was lucky i was next to them as i shouted at the dog immediately and she let go. and luckily it was only a nip with my daughter, but i couldnt risk it been worse, cos if the vicious attack had been on my daughter she would def be in a n e and tianna would have had to be put to sleep. by giving her back to breeders as per our contract at least she gets a second chance

the breeders are going to work with her and try and rehome her to people without kids and cats i believe. they are hoping their dogs will show her who is boss etc and put her in her place a bit.

(((Cadance))) Sorry I haven't come back to this before now.x so upsetting all around and I'm relieved to hear that kitty is ok and your daughter too. Taking Tianna back to the breeders to give her a second chance is such a loving and understanding thing to do, but I would imagine heartbreaking too, but as you say, you really cannot take the risk. I hope Tianna will find a new loving home where she will hopefully not feel she has to attack any perceived competition. I hope the breeders will be able to help her, so that she can be integrated into a new home, but sounds like it might have to be solo.x

Archived