Mental Health Forums

Mirtazapine

ruffryder

Yeah I was on it for about 4 months and did not agree with me at all, I felt so suicidal with that I had to come off it but everyone is different, It is known to cause weight gain too and it can increase your appetite, Good luck with it.x

I found it OK for controlling my depression, but Growly is right, it can lead to weight gain. It made me gain over a stone, which is why I stopped taking it. xxx

Yes. I've been on it 7 years now. It helps bring me back to balance when I wobble. No major weight gain [in fact I still have anorexic episodes and am still underweight]. It also helps me sleep and eases the worst of the rawness.

ok cool sounds like what i need i still dont have them yet the doctors have fucked up with my perscription. can i ask you what dose you are on?

I'm on them been a few weeks. Meant to make your appetite bigger but plan is you feel better and more active so balances out. I'm a lot better and even started work this week. I am as close to normal as I have been for last two years. But needed my job to get me that step further x

30mg.

I did reduce to 15mg for a year. Then I got the redundancy risk blues and got really ill and am on the increased dose still.

i have been taken off venlafaxine because it made me really ill i didnt know you could take them together. im starting with 15mg and see how i go

I found it made me numb for the first week or so and after that I kinda levelled out.

The hardest part I found was coming off it again, but I did choose to go without any medication afterwards and I have switched meds from it before and been fine.

If it works for you, it works for you...I guess it depends on where you're at at the time...I've found that certain things that worked at certain times didn't work at others...

I hope it works out OK for you.

X

Archived