Mental Health Forums

Coming Off Quetiapine, Urgghhhh, Bad Withdrawal.....

angel tears

Hi

I am coming off the quetiapine as i felt that it wasn't doing me any good. My periods had completely stopped and all i did was sleep. I couldn't have a life really. I cut down from 300mg - 150mg, then down to 100mg and off in around 2 weeks and man i am paying for it. I am getting migraines, i am being sick, i now have insomnia, really bad heartburn and constant nausea. It feels like i have the flu. Hopefully this will go in a few weeks but i have read that it can take some people months!!!!. One chap said that methadone was easier to get off!!!!.

I am going to try being med free. All they seem to do is mess me up even further!!!!.

Has anybody else here had bad withdrawal from there meds?.

Angel xxx

i am still on quietiapine but had it rapidly reduced from 800-400mg and then to 200mg due too one of the t waves of my heart been too long or something, not quite sure but now it is apparently ok. i do have flu like symptoms so maybe it is from the withdrawl of the amounts reduced, i never considered it tbh. hope symptoms improve soon

That stuffs nasty, don't blame you for coming off it, sorry you feel bad, hope it eases up quick for you hun.

xx xx xx

Archived