Mental Health Forums

Confused When I Should Be Feeling Positive!

Jeckle88

I just want to say ive spent alot of time reading through the forums on here today, and im finding so so much comfort and i feel like my thoughts are being tidied up because everythings making sence. But on the same token, i feel saddened that im beginning to understand more about myself but people close to me wont know becuase i will never be able to put into words what ive learnt today :( And i dont like to try to explain as i feel im being selfish or theyll think im exagerating =\ Thus feeling nobody will ever understand me :(

think having places like this IS the place where people understand

own experience is that people in real life either dont listen, dont get it, or - just keep saying 'oh i do that, think that, feel like that'

ie. its no biggy, quit going on about it

come here and suddenly there is a whole new world of people who DO understand and try not to judge and

well

it just helps - such a lot -

having some good mh staff who understand, too, helps enormously but its like almost unreal - you know? - meeting kind, gentle, loving people who accept us for who we are, whatever we are,

anyway

its good that you are finding this place helpfull - often it is safe to pour things out here - although i do understand how painful it is not being able to share it with those that matter

just take your time xx

One of the things I have started saying to my friend is yes everyone would feel that way but everything I feel is exaggerated and takes me much longer to get over feeling hurt or angry. Not sure she gets it or it is the best way to explain but at least its something. but like walker says here people understand

Thanks guys, yeah i think finding a few short and to the point ways of explaining to them, without going off on a tangent trying to make it make sence, would be the best bet. ive already made the first step and asked my bf if one evening he would sit down with me so i can outline a few personal issues id like help with and his understanding would mean alot to me. i tried to put it in a way that wouldnt offend him or belittle him (as i seem to do alot, eeek!) once he learns to stop taking offence and learn to know my triggers, life should be easier (technically speaking!)

Archived