Mental Health Forums

Therapy Was So Different Today

Fanta

Therapy was so different today, My therapist always asks me how has my week been? So I told her what had happened last week and that I went to a&e and that if things don't improve they will admit me to hospital, My therapist was really concerned about me, I am sure she is thinking of stopping the therapy it is just the impression I get, She went on to say that I need longer term therapy which she is going to refer me for this week, I asked her is next week my last appointment which she said "NO" She said she will call me during the week to see how things are and how she gets on with looking into getting longer term therapy for me, why not just tell me this next week?

I also told her that I refused the crisis team to visit me at home as I would rather go to therapy instead, She thinks that I should am not looking after myself with refusing them I told her that I don't find them helpful at all, I think in the end she understood, She is now going to get in touch with my GP which is pointless cos they are all locams, also she thinks I shoild be getting more support, I am still waiting to hear about being appointed a CPN (typical NHS)

Anyway, Therapy today I felt so anxious right through it and told her this, I felt like walking out.x

Hi

That sounds really confusing. I guess it's good that she seemed concerned, i.e. she seems to care. But I get the feeling you're thinking she's going to refer you to someone else before next weeks session? Glad she seemed to finally understand re the Crisis team, and yes I'm with you in that it may not add much for her to contact your GP surgery (I'm assuming they're all aware anyway?) but I guess she has to do what she thinks is best to cover her own backside.

How are you?

x

Archived