Mental Health Forums

Would Anyone Mind Telling Me About Bipolar Disorder?

dolphin92

Hey, I'm just posting to ask if anyone suffering from Bipolar Disorder or who knows a sufferer could tell me a bit about it please? Things like what it feels like to suffer from bipolar and how you behave, symptoms, things like that. It'd be great if someone didn't mind sharing these things, I'd like to know to have a better knowledge and understanding of it :)

well in a nutshell I have bipolar and suffer heavily from depression I suposse the easiest way for my to explain it would be to tell you what a general day for me would be like.... I dont sleep very well at all but when I do sleep im asleep for 12+ hours and wake up all groggy and as the day goes on thousands of thoughts go through my mind even though im not doing anything important... Then I get what I can only explain as europhic highs of happyness and then in a drop of a hat the deepest lows of nothings worth living for. Its so hard to sit here and type and try to explain it yet its new for me but mind soathing to type lol. Alot of horrible things have happened in my life but alot of good things also. Unfortunatly Ive suffered with this for about 4 years and to be honest I should not be here today yet I am. Im still learning to cope with it but I dont yet see a light at the end of the tunnel but im still going to keep trying hope that kind of helped im not great at explaining my feeling :)

Thanks for replying to my post :) How often would you say you alternate between highs and lows, does it fluctuate regularly (on a daily basis) and randomly, or does it shift between cycles of feeling high, then low (weekly, every other week, monthly)? How do you behave when you feel euphoric? The reason I ask is because I would like a better understanding of Bipolar: my counsellor suspected my mum to be Bipolar, and I want to be able to be there for her and also you and other Bipolar sufferers. I hope that opening up on this site will help, if you ever need someone to talk to you know where I am :)

i'm not manic depressive but i have highs and lows like a person suffering from manic depression would have. that's part of my bpd but that's a different story for a different thread. what you have to remember is that one person suffering from bi polar will have a slightly different variation than another person. every one's different after all and it depends on what meds your on as well as to how bad your highs and lows arehope i'm not just talking rubbish here...

Hi Missunderstood

hmmm for me its everyday at the moment im happy listenning to music and drinking my cup of tea but ive come to learn it will change in a heartbeat. But sometimes I can be in the deepest darkest places for weeks and just snap out of it. Like maddy said meds can vary your mood but I take so many different meds lol I cant really tell. I found writing it down can help you find a pattern to it. For how do I behave when im euphoric very giddy or a uncontrollable earge to laugh and almost a sense of been very high also finding it very very hard to concentrate or even look my mam or step dad in the eyes. One of the big problems I have and a example would be if I had cig I would check multiple times if I had put it out you could say OCD but its not its just hard to explain. Other big problems for me are like going from having ok thoughts in my head to complete and utter nasty ones. I could go on from nightmares to no sleep but people suffer differently hope that helped lol find it hard to explain

Thanks maddy & ryanslife24, your responses have been very helpful. ryanslife24, your behaviour with the cigarrette sounds a bit familiar to me. My mum tends to recheck things a lot, for example every time she uses her straighteners she will stand outside her door looking at them for ages, go back in her room and look, checking them repeatedly, and after she's left the house she will text me to get me to check them for her again. She does this with other things too, e.g. the car door, the front/back door of the house, her laptop, etc. Is that what you meant with the cigarrette? It did help thanks so much.

Archived