Mental Health Forums

Mods Replying.

Maddison

This is the only forum I use where the mods don't take part. Members post about a real positive steps and no mods take time to reply, often times there aren't enough members well enough. I've been coming here about 6 months and every time I've asked why it is quiet, every one say it goes in phases. I don't believe that any more, all the other forums I use are busy as people need more support in fall, Not here it is dead and the mods don't take part at all. Heck I don't even know the name of 1 mod and I've made over 1000 posts!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

think you might have a point hun. sometimes i want to join other forums but i dont really know any, and have been here too long to get used to anywhere else

Mods do things behind the scenes.

Tickets ect.

So they could be busy helping with issues ect.

Plus they're are just ordinary ppl like us with problems ect.

So maybe they aren't up to replying.

There's not many mods here either.

I can think of a few mods and mini mods who are online regularly, but as Daisyduck says they are people like us with their own problems.

I'm quite happy with here as it is. xxx

Its a peer support site, so really its about us helping us, there have been a couple of mods leave recently,so not so many about, and a few of us that used to reply most days are not so active ( me for one) but I know that Lily and Josh work hard behind the scenes and if there are issues on the forum they do manage this, as well as keep all the technical stuff we don't see sorted out. I see that Josh is on here almost everyday. ( he hides away though LOL)

A moderators job I thought was to keep the site safe not necessarily post support, so I am not expecting this. Some sites do have paid supporters or vol supporters so maybe thats the different you are seeing Maddison.

I guess its just now and then people are at different points but I see that most posts get at least 2 replies that day,, which is more than most sites I have seen, I try to answer any that havent had any replies, though the ED forum I am a bit lost at what to say

I think this is a great supportive placeand is what we make of it and so long will it continue forsure xxxx.

I am not sure what level of busy needs to satisfy your want of a proper forum, people do have down times where they feel unable to post much. I am here everyday, but I don't feel it is my members duty to go through a list of topics like work. I contribute what I have and if that doesn't seem a lot, it is because that is as much as I have to give.

This year we have lost a lot of good members who I really miss. But their recovery is taking them all back to work or Uni. As for the mod thing, the mods don't put their oar in too much because like Christine has said this is a peer support site. The only thing I think the site is missing right now is peeps who are further on in their recovery but are still able to offer a greater sense of awareness because their wisdom/journey does really help others and give hope.

But is our responsibility to be that for ourselves so we do have it to offer to others, not just on the forum but everywhere in life. I think everyone here does the best they know how and if that fall short from time to time it is because they are still learning and growing as human beings.

I do agree sah with the peeps who have moved on and have made big in roads to recover their lives and I would like to post more in the good day forum, (have put one into day) as I do need to acknowlegde postive steps more, Even if its a little acheivement we should post and be cheered/praised/applauded. though praise yet another thing to get used to . :)

agree

there are more threads, and replies than on very very many forums

things come and go in phases - not really sure what else you can expect

but tbh - its most often like a room full of strangers, here, now

but tbh - its most often like a room full of strangers, here, now

Could be because people here now are quite introverted and now as self confident or even down right shy. If the forum losing a wave of the extroverts it will seem quieter. Mostly, I see some new people and a lot of older names of peeps who have posted a lot in the past but are not at the moment. Also it is obvious people are just struggling but not broadcasting that.

I am not sure what level of busy needs to satisfy your want of a proper forum,
No person that works on this forum shows their selves in supporting members. Or I would know a mods name!

Who ever owns this place thinks it is ok to use the worst cuss words that is their decision, a bad decision as I know a couple of people that joined and left because of no trigger warns and cussing.

This forum doesn't ever want feed back I know that!

You can't win being a Mod, you are either doing to much and getting too involved for trying to keep the peace on a forum, or you are not doing enough.

Of course mini mods are moderators. Mods are just members with MH like the rest of us.

It is hard for me to believe it is just over swearing? What is bothering you about here, I know you said you found better forums, so why harp on about how this place is not meeting your needs? I don't really see why the need for authority is so important to you, the place is hardly out of control in its sedate state.

This topic wasn't made exclusively for you hunni, nor is it a personal attack on you so don't fret about my issues.

I never started answering to you, so I won't start just to have to stop!

Not full mods no. But i used to be a full mod here. Its a very hard job.

I was told mini mods just remove spam. That isn't a moderator. I am not talking about what a hard job it maybe is, some people work for the police, surgeons, judges, I think you can see where I'm going with this!

Not full mods no. But i used to be a full mod here. Its a very hard job.

I was told mini mods just remove spam. That isn't a moderator. I am not talking about what a hard job it maybe is, some people work for the police, surgeons, judges, I think you can see where I'm going with this!

You are comparing apples to oranges here Maddison. The difference between being a Moderator on a website, and working the jobs you listed is that it is not a full time paid career, where you are expected to turn up and do a 12 hour shift. It's something people do voluntarily in their spare time.

Moderators are members with mental health problems, just like you, they are human just like you, they suffer problems, just like you, they can be busy, just like you, real life can take over, just like you. They can find it difficult to post support if they are having a bad time, just like you.

I'm not quite understanding the full underlying issue you have here, perhaps you should share it with us, because right now all this thread seems to look like is thinly veiled criticism against the site and it's staff.

Also, Mini Mods do not just remove spam, they have the power to remove posts if they are against the terms, the majority of us are pretty much front line staff when it all starts kicking off in here.

do you really mean peer supporters?

them that were in light blue

the ones that welcomed people and did the live chat thing and generally other supporty type things

they are different to mods....

The difference between being a Moderator on a website, and working the jobs you listed is that it is not a full time paid career, where you are expected to turn up and do a 12 hour shift. It's something people do voluntarily in their spare time.

Except all the community police, samaritan's, St Johns Ambulance, hospice workers, befrienders etc!

The Mods are Jelly-Bean and Silverwolf. If you have been here 6 months, you have seen them around, they are the ones who are burgendy/deep red in colour and have Moderator under thier Avatars.

You have probably seen them most trying to calm down a situation that you've been the centre of.

The difference between being a Moderator on a website, and working the jobs you listed is that it is not a full time paid career, where you are expected to turn up and do a 12 hour shift. It's something people do voluntarily in their spare time.

Except all the community police, samaritan's, St Johns Ambulance, hospice workers, befrienders etc!

Give it a rest.

Archived