Mental Health Forums

I Know I Did Wrong....but Didn't Realise At The Time....

baniad

I'm currently undergoing disciplinary action at work due to an act of gross misconduct.

This was in the form of using company facilities for my own personal use. I am currently undergoing treatment for my depression and is my second significant bout.

I changed jobs last year and left my support base after having two years of being able to manage my illness and believing I was ready for the move. This was with the same employer.

I slowly dipped in mood without realising and after making a few friends, started a relationship with someone.

My mood gradually deteriorated and Soon the only place I could bear being was at my girlfriends house. Due my debt problem, not being able to afford taxis and the fact work and my girlfriends were the only places I wanted to be, I authorised taxis for my own personal use on the companies account to an from her house and work. In hindsight, an awfully stupid thing to do but argue time, was only thinking of getting to where I needed to be. This totalled 12 taxis. I have been signed off work since June and on a course of anti-depressants again, have been doing a course of CBT to help me also.

My disciplinary meeting is on Tuesday and I don't think I'm going to keep my job, even though, if I hadnt had been unwell, none of this would have happened. I have 8 years service with the same company, with no patch on my record apart from this. I will assure them that if they were lenient it would neve happen again. I do understand that I'm coverered by the equality act but that only takes it so far.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Nick

Good advice about the rep. If not a rep then you should be entitled to take someone into the hearing with you. A colleague etc.

Other than that I would be honest, admit the mistake, say it wont happen again etc and offer to pay them back the money!

Good luck!

Archived