Mental Health Forums

Depakote

Fanta

(((Growly))) I don't have any experience or know of this drug but it looks like its a relatively low percentage experience of weight gain, probably caused by possible increased appetite.xx hugs.If you start to want to eat more, just drink a glass of water before any further munchings.xx I'm sure it will help you through this time.xxx

Hi, be sure you are on a safe contraceptive or have no risk of falling pregnant. I found this on Wiki -

"The most severe side effect is a ten times higher-than-average incidence rate of serious, irreversible birth defects (teratogenic) such as births of brainless babies (anencephaly). Risk of birth defects such as spina bifida has been demonstrated among populations of female patients who took the medicine in childbearing age."

Epilim is quite closely related to Depakote, and it causes birth defects, I knew a lady who lost a baby this way.

As for personal experience, I was on Epilim and Zyprexa both for 2 years, -I gained 5 stone weight. But maybe it was mostly the zyprexa.

Archived