Mental Health Forums

New Addition And Tonights Drama!

CrippleAndStarfish

Soooo, as i think a fair few of you are aware, i rehomed a cat last december from a local cat and kitten rescue centre. I've since rehomed another cat from there (lucy in january) and fostered several other cats and kittens too.

At around teatime today, someone posted on the rescues facebook page that a mum cat and newborn kittens had been found abandoned in a house about 40 minutes drive from the rescue. Cue panic and mad organisational skills to get a driver to collect the lady who runs the rescue and drive her over there.

We (about 50members of this group) were all sat with baited breath waiting for updates on mum amd her babies.

Turns out!!!!! Theres a preg female, 2 kittens who seem okay who have gone to one foster home, 2 kittens who seem v weak and poorly who are staying by the rescue lady's bedside!! And this gorgeous male tricolour daddy who is now quite happily staring out the fish in my bedroom. :)

For anyone who knows much about cats, a male tri colour is very rare. Even more rare - rare enough that in a lot of places its believed to be a myth!! - is that he is not only a male tri colour, but also not sterile!!!!

He is a little gem indeed! A gorgeous big muscely hulk of a boy, and he's settling in to his foster home wonderfully!!!

I've posted pics in the gallery if anyone wants to see :)

It amazes me that with the absolutely disgusting conditions he has come from, he is so so so very affectionate!!!!

I fucking LOVE cats, and i fucking LOVE fostering!!!

It feels so good to be making a difference. I am happy. Booyah!!!!!

Love you all xxxxxxxxxxx

:-D thanks guys!!! I've missed you all, but i think the break has done me good. Been a tricky while, but i'm coming out on top. :-)

He met the woofs today just briefly, wasnt phased by them in the slightest. He likes the other cats too, but the oldies are unsure of him, a bit of growling. Luna (kitten) is totally not arsed though was clambering all over him lmao!!!

Xxxxxxxx

Never heard of a tricolor male -hope you will keep him!Suzy, when will you start writing books for kids?The cat's description is gorgeous again!

......signing adoption papers tomorrow when he is brought back home after being neutered..... :-D :-D

Xxxxxx

Snooz you're ace - you're like Pippa in Home and Away, do you remember her?!!

you have a big heart missis xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived