Mental Health Forums

They Said They Sent Me An Appointment Letter, I Never Ot No F***ing Letter

imdebbiem

My homestart co-ordinator decided to contact MH access on my behalf to chase up my appointment for the Psychologist. MH access told her that I had an appointment posted out to me in September and that I didn't attend it. I never got no f***ing letter, honest hand to my heart. I never got the letter and I am the only person in the house when the postman comes, Chris is at work and the kids are at school. So seriously angry right now :angry: I can either get myself put back on waiting list for another year or tell them to f*** off.

That is just awful debbie :( More or likely got lost in the post, Another year is a long time to wait, I bet when you explained to them what had happened that you had the feeling they didn't believe you. xx

Your right Growly, I don't think they did believe me :( even worse I don't think my homestart co-ordinator believes me either. xxx

Yep I know that feeling too, Us with BPD are supposed to be liars so are known to lie in their eyes.

Can you ask for quicker appointment though? x

Well I believe you and you can write to them and asked them considering the circumstances to send you a new appt in the next say 6 weeks.

I know you are really angry and it feels impossible to find a good solution but it is possible.

I would usually write a really fk off letter not send it and then get down to the real letter. ( well if I wasnt impulsive when I get angry lol)

Firstly write a letter to the psychology dept or section or who ever sent the letter asking for a copy ( helps you check who sent it and when) also in the letter explain how you have been waiting for the appt and how important it is to you, then something about how the mistake could just as easily be on their part or infact the post office (especially if it wasnt registered post so none has proof where it got lost). And finish with considering these circumstance you would like them to send you a new appt in January, believe me they can fit you in.

ok hun, if you need any help let me know but also PALs or mental health advocate can help especially if other people are showing any sign they dont believe you.

xxxx

insist they re-appoint - or as christine says - go to PALS

these things do happen - (our daughter waited 2 1/2 months for a foot appointment and then got a letter saying she had missed it the day before - but the appointment letter has never ever arrived - they were ok about it but she now has to wait til january which will be 4 months)

you know you're being honest - try not to back down

xxxx

thanks xxx I really felt too disappointed earlier when I spoke to them, to even try for another appointment. I will call them in the morning and see if they can send me another appointment, but if they want to do the whole year waiting list again I will do as you say and request a copy of the letter they sent me and take it from there. xxx

Exactly, someone who was lying wouldnt go to all the trouble of getting the issue rectified. Use the energy from your anger to push you forward. Turn it into determination. I once had a court appearance (my daughters "father" was trying for access) and i never got the letter giving me the time and date, i didnt know untill my pissed off solicitor phoned me from court demanding to know where i was. She didnt believe me when i said i didnt get the letter either. It happens, so all you can do now is focus on getting another appointment. Good luck x

That's awful but sadly not a suprise. I apparently discharged myself from various mh people but no one told me so I was still waiting for an appt. I don't think anyone thought I was lying, I don't think they thought I was clever enough but there attitude was that because of my condition nothing I said counted for anything.

Is there anyone medical who is on your side? My GP is writing to the cmht to ask them what they were playing at haha. If there's anyone who believes in you who they might listen to, even if they arent the ideal/obvious person to be helping you could they write a letter for you/as well as you?

Archived