Mental Health Forums

Peoples Comments On My Weight

kayle

I need a moan. People keep saying to me ''just eat something'' or ''omg your so thin you have lost loads of weight'' etc etc and its really irritating me. I have lost weight over the last year and yes i am obsessed with calorie counting however i have a small frame im a size 6-8 which is healthy so what is their problem!?!?!?!? I do eat and i even binge eat at weekends so why people PRESUME i dont eat anything other than salad is starting to make me feel uncomfortable about even showing off my slim figure why do people have to interfere. These people wouldnt go up to a large person and say ''omg stop eating'' etc so why do they think its okay to do this to me?!

How tall are you out of curiosity? I have a friend who, in her words, eats like a man, and doesnt put on a single pound. She gets sick of people commenting on her figure and size. It is rude for people to comment, especially when shes doing all she can to put on a bit of weight and gain some shape to her frame. But for some people, its just in their genes to be slim. If your happy, tell them where they can stick their ideas.

i dont feel like i should justify myself to them though, but it plays on my mind. I do have an ed but its not like they are saying it because they care or are concerned for me its just them being judgemental.

im just under 5 ft 4, i have size 3 feet and my hands and wrists are tiny. People dont bother to take these things into consideration though and are just plain rude about it, it really gets me down

Ive got another friend whos just over 4 foot and wears 10-12 year old clothing. She always gets it in the neck for being tiny aswell, but shes a perfectly healthy weight for her height. You dont have to justify yourself, if it were me id be saying "well, i dont particularly like your choice of hairstyle. but as far as i was concerned it was none of my buisness to comment!" If they can be rude about your appearance then why not give them the same treatment.. Your right to be pissed off. ED or not, you still deserve respect.

Thank you Jeckle i couldnt have put that better myself, i may not quite say that to anyone but i shall certainly be thinking it in my head next time someone comments on my weight!

I have always been underweight for my height, but at times I am more underweight than is healthy. Knowing the difference is important.

• 4 weeks later...

It must be so hard for you, but it does show people are concerned about you.

Although if it is getting you down you should learn to ignore them, you are you and it is up to you what you do and how you deal with it.

People don't understand, there could be many reasons.

Don't let them get you down ;)

your the same size as me and i often get people saying what's wrong with you? why are you so thin? which makes me feel really sad about my figure i'm happy with my body but my teeth how ever are recked years of throwing up my food i guess we cant have everything *sy*

Archived