Mental Health Forums

Memories Of Things That Didn't Happen

lonelyheartemma

a couple of weeks ago i had a conversation with my friend online.

I asked her advice on something, she gave me her advice.

today I chose to ignore her advice and do it anyway.

So I 'confessed' to her and she was totally amazed because the conversation I remember didn't happen. She didn't give me that advice and if I had asked for advice she wouldn't have given me that advice

I'm a bit confused and freaked out tbh :/

I was expecting her to be annoyed with me for ignoring her advice but now shes annoyed with me for making a big drama over something that didn't happen.

Do you think you might have dreamed it? Was it a different friend? Sometimes when we're stressed the mind can get a bit dislocated with things.

It does sound rather unsettling and confusing.

I know this may sound weird but there's always the chance that she's mis-remembered or that it did happen and she regrets it so she's just saying it never happened. I know people who do that a lot, like say something, change their mind and say they never said that.

Just food for thought.

Either way, try and work with what you know now to be true :)

Thank you Jasmine and Poiple :)

Jasmine I think it must have been her because she's the only person I've told about it. But I don't know how far I can trust my memories now.

A dream is possible, I do dream very vividly and I remember all sorts of details. Sometimes I wake up thinking a dream is real, I usually realise within a few seconds but maybe sometimes I don't.

Poiple it doesn't sound weird. If I can misremember things why not her? It's not the first time it's happened, though it's the first time it's been this bad. My mum is also like that, she says things and then says she didn't. I'm kind of wondering if I imagine some of the things she says but my dad has the same problem with her. Unless I'm also imagining my dad saying that :/

then after that my friend was like 'you've got to stop saying that you know' and went offline. idk what I've got to stop saying. She's always telling me I've got to stop doing things and usually its clear what I've done but it's hard when I don't know what she means.

Archived