Mental Health Forums

Binging Big Time

BigHeight

So I have a problem. I eat normally, sometimes ill replace a meal with a chocolate bar and a bag of crisps to be quick but when it gets to like afternoon and evening I majorly binge eat. For example tonight after my tea and before I ate a sausage roll, crisps, a cherry bake well, toast, and a cookie. And I'm still picking on meat out of the fridge, this is like a daily thing for me and I can't stop :( what can I do? I'm gaining weight like there's no tomorrow x

I'm so glad it's not just me. I binge eat - I eat to the point I feel sick and then just keep going in a desperate need to feel better which I do for a while and then the guilt kicks in. I've lost 5.5 stone thru Slimming World but at the moment all I seem to do is pile on the weight. Feel so angry with myself but just can't stop at the moment and don't know how to explain it to my Slimming World consultant.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I didn't even remember this thread, I eat when I'm hungry for a comfort? Because of boredom, and because at the time it makes me feel better. I feel like, it's sp easy to put the weight on, but hard to get it off. I know if i can get it off, but It's just sticking to it.

I want people to notice a difference, and say that i looked slimmer etc. My tummy has come on so much over the last few days I look pregnaunt!!!!

I do this too.. It is so hard to stop.

If i know i have a cake in the kitchen i will sit and think about it until i eat it or i tell myself i'm not going to eat it then somehow it ends up in my hand and im eating it like i black out for a while. I really wish i could lose weight i did last year i was losing 3 to 4 pounds a week i was going to he gym every night then i just stopped and carried on eating now i have stretch marks on my tummy that i never had before... I really do know what you're going through : 9

I have a problem with binge eating too. For years I thought it was just a regular will power issue. I've recently come to realize that it's an eating disorder and compulsive.

Firstly, before anything else - make sure you eat 4-5 smaller meals in the day. There are small tricks like being adequately hydrated, and using things like cacao nibs, fruit, and chocolate protein shakes as "sweet treats" to stave off the cravings and hunger. The longer you can go without sugar in your body, the cravings will diminish. If it's comfort eating then that's something else.

I ended up going on Wellbutrin to stabilize my moods, and a side effect of it is that it has curbed my appetite and binge eating. However, now I don't eat enough and am losing weight and there are other nasty side effects so i'm stopping it. I've decided to go on Topamax to help with the binging. Topamax is firstly used for seizures and migraines. A friend of mine is a binger and his dr. put him on it to help with that and bring his weight down (he is an obese diabetic).

Above all else, staying busy, staying well hydrated and going to the gym is the best thing you can do!

Archived