Mental Health Forums

Hypnotherapy

Jeckle88

Anybody tried this? Im getting free hypnotherapy to help with my social anxiety. Ive never had it before so not too sure about what to expect.

Should be going for my first session early next year. Am looking forward to it, as its a positive step to recovery. And a stepping stone untill i get some therapy on the NHS.

I've heardhypnotherapy can be really effective. My social worker (who was so good to me and helped me loads) decided to train to become a hypnotherapist. I've considered it to help with my problems.

i hope it goes well for you

X

I think it depends from person to person, it's an altered state of awareness and I think you'll really enjoy the feeling, it's weird but very relaxing! I always yawned a looooot after my sessions! In fact I played one of my tapes to get me off to sleep last night as I wasn't sleepy at all (had been reading the Hobbit voraciously)

It also depends on the competency of the therapist and what your relationship with them is like I think, also if you want to change then it should really help you! Let us know how you get on!

Thanks guys!

Am really looking forward to it, i hope the therapist is nice lol. She seems nice. Shes using me as her case study so shes still in training i think.. I hope this doesnt hinder anything. But ive got nothing to lose so why not! :D

i have hypno cds that i listen to - in fact the "deep sleep every night" one helped me loads when i go through my can't sleep phases.

i also have ones for anx and relaxation by the same guy

he has free apps for some of his stuff for iphone and android - Glenn Harrold is his name...

Archived