Mental Health Forums

Side Effects Of...

maddy harper

since i started the chlorpromazine i've had some rather nasty side effects. apart from my restlessness/twitchy legs the most humiliating one is that i start dribbling when i take it. i'm on a e p s e med to stop the side effects but its not a very good one. sometimes the dribbling spills out my mouth though which i think's horible but it shuts my voices up mostly which is the main thing. does any one else have side effects from there anti psycottics or is it just me?

Hi Maddy,

I have gotten extra movements - basically twitches, as you describe, in my legs and mouth & tongue.

There was a certain tautness in my limbs. It was really annoying.

When i took a few too many tablets on holiday, I ended up in A&E because I could not control my mouth movements, my jaw was grinding , my mouth moving very far to the side, it was very scary.

Right now I take seroquel, I found it suits me better but we are all different. The only side effect i get from it is Its harder to get up in the morning and i am not bombarded with 1 million thoughts when i wake up. My mind is quiet :)

Happy Crimbo :) xx am

i'm on a side effects pill to stop the dribbling and twitchyness but its a pretty shit one to be honest. they wont priscrybe me propsychlodene as i get a buz off it but it works better than the one i am on now. i also get really restless on clorpromsine and cant sit still for long periods its really annoying as i always have to be doing something even if its just pasing the floor i have to constantly be on the move

Archived