Mental Health Forums

I Am

maddy harper

i am an empty shell washed up on the beach of mental illness i have no place to run no place to hide i feel so exposed all my flaws out in the open for every one to see i feel trapped inside my own head with no escape rutes voices bringing me down at every opertunity they have low self asteam that cant be raised sitting here with all the other pebbles stones and shells o the pain it hurts so much so there you have it i am an empty shell...

Maddy :bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]: :grouphug[1]: .

Don't be despondent hun....just remember that shells are like Stars....every one is beautiful and unique :) ..........of course , I know what you mean about those pebbles and stones, they are SO common!! :D :D

Big hugs for the New Year hun.....and remember, in that solitude that we can often feel, resides a heart bigger than the world itself can comprehend..........would you put that curse upon a mere human....hardly seems fair.....let's just keep this to ourselves............and I'll meet you at the God's and Goddess's Ball...........at the usual place, but shhhh, don't let the Muggles know!! :devil::D

You can hear the beautiful sound of the sea in empty shells and people love to pick them up and take them to new and exciting places! All the other shells on the beach are empty too so you are not alone, some of them are filled with sand and silt. Wait for the tide to turn and the sea will come roaring in to embrace the empty shells which travelled on its waters to soothe them a little while until the next tide turns.

I like your metaphor maddy, it's pretty.

Maddy,

Please elaborate.............I hate to think of anyone as an "empty shell"........if you want to pm me that's fine, but I would love to know, as I'm sure would everyone, what makes you feel that way.........maybe we can all do something about it to help.....talk to us and let us know? :) :)

Something tells me you are not getting any fun.....but then Peterborough.........does anyone ever have fun there? :party::) .....maybe a move should be on the cards :devil::)

Archived