Mental Health Forums

Job Interview - Luck Is Changing!

JBR2890

Hey

Ironic really, the only job I applied for which I didn't think I stood a chance finally got back to me. I applied to work in a Barnados funded home for young people as a support worker. I've got an interview on the 17th of January. I don't have any experience of support work so I'll have to wow them at the interview!

2013 might just be a decent year after all.

Take care all,

Jordan.

well done :)

just remember that they have called you for an interview knowing that you have no experience in the field so they aren't expecting that from you - and anyway, sometimes that is an advantage cos they can train you up how they want you...

That's awesome man! :D

Good luck with it, your bound to impress, your so supportive and kind to us all here. Keep us posted, I look forward to hearing more.

Ash

Also, I dedicate my 100th post to you, you deserve it!

That's fantastic...........Tis amazing isn't it how things can change around in a relatively small space of time, but you put in the foot work re applying and its great they have got back to you. Will be thinking and wishing.xx

Thanks everyone :) I was getting frustrated at having applied for over 30 jobs in about three weeks..just relieved I've got a chance! It's making my depression worse being out of work and having no money whatsoever. It's extra motivating to me as support and social work is something I want to pursue as a career while I'm doing my degree, then see what happens after that. Cheers for the dedication ash, I'm honoured :) I'll keep you posted!

Archived