Mental Health Forums

Trying To Starve Again

skp67

Ok its getting out of hand again, i have limited my calorie intake to 200 a day.

Stupid "yes" i am aneamic, my kidneys are failing and now i do this.

On top i am doing my fitness dvd three times a day.

Good on you for posting. That is important, it shows you are concerned even though you are still behaving in those ways.

I know it's not as easy as being worried being enough to change your ways but you have shown you have strength by telling us. Can you use some of this resolve to help yourself, even if in a very small way at first?

200 calories a day? That is insane!!! A human body needs between 1200 and 2000 calories to live a normal life, respectively: work, walk, sleep, even just to sit or lay on a couch.

Any reason you are doing this? other than being anemic?

I know how you feel. I feel like I'm constantly battling with myself on my calorie allowance, when to eat, what to eat etc. it's so frustrating and then all I can think about is exercising it all away

I read this topic a few days ago and have been thinking about it since..

I limit my intake unless im binging...

But i had to think to myself, 200 calories a day... your body probably uses more than that just to operate your organs... Its worrying...

Starvation, much like binging is a compulsion - it is often without rhyme or reason.

The fact that you are posting about it shows that you know it's distorted thinking and behaviour and that you know that you need help and support - which is good.

I hope that you have a good support network around you to help during this difficult time

Got to speak to my cpn tomorrow, have a professionals meeting lined up for Wednesday so have been told to inform her.

Managed half a jacket potato today.

What happened?

What did you say to them? Did they give you any reasons for their responses?

Sorry, I don't mean to turn it into the spanish inquisition but if you would like to share more I'm sure people would be ready to listen.

Archived