Mental Health Forums

Feeling Lonely And Sad

berenger

I'm feeling lonely at the minute. I'd like to go on holiday but i've no friend to go with. I do have friends but for various reasons (too skint,ill etc) i'd have to go on my own and its depressing me. I was enquiring at the travel agents today and the prices they quoted were very expensive too. I want to go on a city break to somewhere like st petersburg or florence. I've looked at the website of just you who do holidays for singles but they are expensive too.

I've also joined nolongerlonely, a website for people with mh problems who want to date. I've not got anywhere with taht either, though i've only been on it a week.

I feel like i want to do more and have more friends and maybe date but it all seems so hard. other people do it so easily. Something must be wrong with me

Hey man,

I'm sorry things are like this. Society does seem to conspire to make life a little more difficult for the single :( But we'll show them!

Would staying in a hostel or something be an option?

I think no longer lonely is pretty quiet, I've had no responses myself either. I know it's not quite as specialized, but okay cupid and plenty of fish are good and I've had quite a few responses their. You may not be able to be as open about MH, but if you take your time and talk to people, you should be able to get a gist of how well it would work out.

If we lived closer, I'd happily hang out :D

Hope that helps,

Ash

Archived