Mental Health Forums

Inability To Show Affection.

LadyMacbeth

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats soo funny I am talking to my friend and she just got out of a relationship with this really controlling guy and now she has just enetered a new one but wants to get out if it cause he sounds controlling and she said thats abnormal of her cause she just got into the relationship and I said "No its not you just got out of a controlling relationship and now the first sign that someone wants to control you you run its a normal response!" She said thats so true you should be my therapist the same time you did!"

I believe in coincidences. :lol:

LOL well i guess we both could keep you bz... lmaoo

oh controling men or woman doh! im in a relationship which is equal.. we shout and scream equaly lol

Thats good! :lol:

The first sign someone is controlling or verbally or physically abusive I am out. I think thats one good thing about me. Its like a fight ot flight response...DANGER, DANGER, DANGER!!!!!!!!!!

i dont im oposite as you can see even though i dont have good confidence when somone who is controling is i confront and attack. i dont do flight very well..

I get you. Its different for everyone. I think that personality psychology is really interesting. I would love to test it out how two people growing up in the same environment can develop into two complete individuals with diff behaviors.

tell you a little secret, i did go to colllege before i ended up in hospital and did psychology, i didnt finnish it. im same i am actually interested in the human brain.. but one i wouldnt be a good therapist lol

hey if you find anyone who is similiar to me lol ill again be your guinnee pig lol...

actually i think we need ourown forum lol hey that be a blast lol imagine! lol wonder if anyone has done a live therapy session before on a forum lol or a trial.. dam the thoughts going through my head i feel that it would be the classiest comedy act lol

:lol: Live online therapy would not work for me cause I need that connection. I enjoy going to my Ts office and facing her and chatting.

Hmm...you would like online therapy better?

naw not really lol but i would try for the expereince i mean what i dont try i wont know..

but was meaning a open forum lol everyone can see .. well what we are doing is like therapy it just depends on the scale lol.. imagine this website could be famous..

nothing funnier than watching two people chatting like this.. somthing funny allways has to come up lol

It could be. Its a bloody good forum with a lot to offer! Josh will be famous one day! :D

yeah your right!!!!!!!!!

hes done well and you all are doing good in what help you offer us..

he still hasnt done the politics forum though :( lol

hmm maybe he be up for this lol totaly open therapy session.. hmm wonder if my T would come along to this lol lets see what therapy is truely like lol...

actually i forgot to say i gave my T this website so he could pass on to some other of his patients he thought the site was really good and well done.. he was going to register sometime lol i nearly freaked out but ive settled down to the prospect of him visiting lol

My T knows I am a staff member on a MH site but have not given any names lol. I don't know if she has tried to look not that I think she has but I don't want her reading my posts anyway. :lol:

I write a lot about her anyway but all good things. :D

LOL i told my one about the time i slagged of my psychy. but he hasnt seen the other one which was a song and how my head scripting was effecting me and i knew what i was going t osay to him in the session i was about to have with him..that was funny looking back at it now..

he doesnt know my name either but i dont think it take long to figure out lol..he said he wouldnt read mine he was just making sure it was a fit place to send other patients...

Yeah thats good he does not know your name! :lol: Mine would be easy to find! Hmm...well I could be em too but I am so obvious.

I have printed out some of my posts or have touched on issues I relate too that have come up but thats about it. :lol:

Thats funning how you told her about slagging off your T :lol:

no he wasnt a T lol he was my psychiatrist i told the T that i said somthing about my psychiatrist.. my T hasnt seen the post about him yet only told him about the post psychiatrist one lol

dam hope that made sense lol

i havent yet shown or printed off my posts. im not sure if i should or not. its took me year and half to trust him to a point which we are now working together. so there is still some other trust issues i have to deal yet with him..

Yes, it makes perfect sense! :)

Yeah, it can be hard to trust. I trust my T more than pretty much anyone and it was the same with my former T who is actually friends with her.

I think in the beginning of my therapy with my current T I was trying to persuade her I was a 'bad person' and showed her my posts and stories to back up my argument and I failed bc she argued how these things did not make me a bad person and I actually think it made us connect more. :lol: So, I started to completely trust her and even when I feared she would end therapy with me bc someone of things I told her she told me she was not going anywhere.

I get you. Its different for everyone. I think that personality psychology is really interesting. I would love to test it out how two people growing up in the same environment can develop into two complete individuals with diff behaviors.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry for jumping in on this again but it is realy interesting (and funny :) ) but according to my T, cos I asked her this question, it has a lot to do with self-awareness and with that comes an ability to kind of pick and choose behaviours. Although growing up in a bad environment kind of limits your choices. I don't fully understand it and it fascinates me too cos me and my sister are completey different and of course we here are all different despite a lot of us having similarities in expereinces.

Oh and my T knows the name of the site but I've never asked her if she has looked :blink::blink::blink: Well she is still talking to me so she mustn't have :lol:

yeah your right.

My T knows pretty much alot about me and my bad things but hes the same as your T :).. but depending on my moods which im led my moods he says is that i wont allways let him in or tell him everything.

i allways hold back somthing.. it means no one can hurt me knowing everything when they dont know everything..

lol hi there i just posted this after you susan..hey butt in anytime you like :) lol lets all drive josh mad lol jk

:lol: awww...Susan...you write great posts!

You bring up a good point Susan. I pick and choose my behaviors but bc of my anxiety disorder I think way toooo much and prevents me from doing so much. Its like I have a huge argument in my head with my jekyl and hyde side and jekyl usually wins unless hyde becomes the dominant figure but I have been able to keep him away lately. :lol:

Wow, I am weird. :wacko::wacko: :wacko:

I tell my T everything. We discuss anything and everything and thats my problem and half the reason why I become so attached.

Its my need for a mother figure I think always yearning that relationship with my mother and find that desire for this relationships with the past three therapists I have had. Its weird! :lol:

hmm maybe you need to try for a male therapist lol.. hmm or maybe not..

hey i get what you said to susan about the jekyle and hyde thing.. god i have the most interesting convos with myself lol or arguments .. i even started writing them down so i know what im thinking .. does that make sense?

and as emma said yes you write great posts susan.. alot of peeps here actually write great things..

I do the opposite. I avoided forming that kind of relationship with my T because of my yearning for a healthy relationship with my mam. Theres picking and choosing for you :lol:

I told my T that I won't see a male therapist cause I may get like my best friend and fall in love with him or something just bc he is listening to me, showing affection and extremely intelligent. I know myself too well! :lol: If you could just imagine what was going through my mind with my sexy English prof....ahhh the memories of Victorian Literature and him sitting on his desk feet on the table reciting Yeats. ahhhh.....

:bottom::bottom::bottom: :bottom:

Archived