Mental Health Forums

My Steps To Get My Life Back On Track

OrangeLamp

I am going to make a list of positive things to do to get my life on track which I have allowed to get into disarray and now I'm in a sticky situation. It's not all exploded yet though, so no time like the present.

Tidy my room, it is a state and can't be helping things at the moment

Shower tomorrow morning

Tune gears on my bike

Have a haircut(omg, finally :P )

Finish my assignment

Get a doctors appointment to get my medical certificate for mitigating circumstances

Do my washing, it is just about due

Collect my belongings from the school(going to be a nightmare, but I have done nothing wrong so I will hold my head high)

Fill in my finance form that is overdue

I have resolved not to play games until Monday of next week. I realise I have been playing them far too much, to help distract sometimes yes, but it really is a problem because I spend so much time doing it. It's going to be the start, few days now, then I'll see where it goes.

Hope you're all well, if you would like to put a list of some specific things you'd like to do to be positive and edit the post to tick it off to help yourself feel free to use this thread.

I knew I'd end up adding to this...

Have set meal times...7am, 1pm, 6pm.

this is a great idea hun, very positive. is hard to let go of something that takes you away from a painful world. could you find other hobbies, maybe more productive, instead of having nothing to do? xx

OL its great you are taking some positive steps, its really great that you have got a list of things you can work from, I hope you are doing well with it so far.

it sounds like a lot so don't put too much pressure on yourself to complete them all, if they were easy things to do they wouldn't be on this list. Anything you complete is something to be proud of yourself for.

giving up anything is hard. It can be distracting and comforting and all kinds of things. Its totally up to you but if your way of cutting down on games isn't working for you maybe you could cut back in a different way, like a small amount every day? You could set a timer or something so you know when to stop? (I know sometimes when I'm really into something, I look at the clock and its 2pm, 5 mins later and it says 4pm)

What a great thread! I was going to do something similar myself :)

It's hard to motivate to do stuff isn't it? But we have to do it... and sometimes once we do it, we gain traction. I guess setting scheduled times and days for gaming might work for a while (and setting a timer).

It's so nice of you all to support me in this :)

I have managed to tidy the place so it looks amazing! No haircut yet, dunno wtf to say when I go...weird as it sounds

Been doing more assignment and I'm going out for dinner and a movie on sunday with someone which is going to be really nice :)

Did the school thing which was awful but I got through it...and apparently I have a good case for mental health discrimination.

Sorted my bike out, and got my GP appointment/support appointments sorted(had 3 today which I went to so proud of that :) )

Hope you're all well, I really am trying to stay strong

great resolved I have been working on some of those basics since the New Year started and it really is hard to wake and wash your face and do your teeth when you have let yourself fall out of good habits.

Well done for listing it out and reaching for support in that area, just remember the games will always be there for later.

Weeeeeell, I've had a lovely weekend and am more relaxed than I have been in years I think!

I have cracked on with my assignment and am 1500/2500 words down!

Gotta get it done before I can go out for meal/dinner tonight!!

Thanks to everyone for your positive posts, it keeps me going :)

Well, I completed the assignment and handed in on time :)

I've not missed a day all week and been enjoying it...and spent a lot of time with L which was just lovely.

Up to date with all my paperwork, just got to get it signed by the right people now.

I've been keeping clean by showering every day which I'm proud of, and my room is still tidy :) I did my washing up too. I've got to do some washing tomorrow which is lame but I guess I'll just put some quality tunes on and get it done...

Gotta get some sleep, or I'm going to be dead on my feet tomorrow....then wake up early and finish this damn work!

Archived