Mental Health Forums

This Unnerved Me

Alittlelost

I’ve heard voices for about two years now. At first they frightened me and I was seen by the early psychosis intervention team who decided it wasn't a psychotic Illness, which I am in agreement with. I slowly became use to the voices and they rarely bother me. I don't hear them all of the time, only occasionally and I usually dismiss them.

Last night I was lying in bed when I heard a voice say "I'm glad you are back". It wasn't my voice it was male. Like I said they don't usually bother me but what he said has unnerved me. What does he mean by "i'm glad you are back", (rhetorical question) I haven't been anywhere. It's as though he was welcoming me back to where I was a year and a half ago and that worries me.

I suppose I just needed to tell somebody this so I apologise as really it's just me thinking out loud

Voices can be scary I had all kinds of voices when I was really ill with psychosis. It could be a part of your mind trying to scare yourself it is strange what the voices can say. I am like you I can mainly ignore them but sometimes it gets too much or an unknown voice says something creepy and I feel scared. :hug2:

B

Thanks again BeaBee

Maybe I'm worrying about nothing (thats uaually the case :P ) It just made me sit bolt up right in bed last night, I haven't heard a voice that clearly in a long time.

Will see what tonight brings, might of been just a one off

They said mine was unspecified non-organic psychosis (whatever that means) but pdocs and therapist agree with me, that the voices I hear are not psychosis related.

Could you have been dreaming? Sometimes when I am just dropping off to sleep I hear things, it is like that tripping over feeling that suddenly wakes you up.

B

I was wide awake honey, but I know what you mean about hearing voices when dropping off to sleep. I think there is actually a name for it :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm bad for doing that too, but I try not to now as it only makes me worse.

:hug2: x

Archived