Mental Health Forums

My Drawing

wordsmithy

This is a sketchy ink and pencil drawing of a London high 10 minutes away from where I live. Theres a odd juxtaposition of modern and 19th century buildings I've always been in love with.

elwghs_zps9b49d02c.jpg

You like?

Its a potential idea for the mental health studio I work at, influenced by late 80's Hellblazer comics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellblazer), following a design brief on the word 'Retro':

u know i am a big fan of your work but that just blew me away - it's ace !

i have a painting on my wall that is mostly b&w with touches of colour - i love that sort of style...

Oo nice :-) are you gonna frame it and put it up on your wall? xx

:D It's in a sketchbook so probably not, I will show it to my tutor and see what she suggests to develop the idea further.

i have a painting on my wall that is mostly b&w with touches of colour - i love that sort of style...

Thanks muchly. I consciously tried to worry less about proportions, details, technical stuff etc and just draw. Which is a hard, hard thing for a perfectionist to do!

Well, that's brilliant! Only the bus looks a bit wobbly...

:) Don't I know it! That pesky red bus...

Thanks muchly. I consciously tried to worry less about proportions, details, technical stuff etc and just draw. Which is a hard, hard thing for a perfectionist to do!

i dont care it's perfect or not - it has something - cant verbalise it - just know i like it... i have another painting hanging up that most people don't like - but i do, and i never could work out why... i dont think it matters sometimes that you cant work out why, just accept that you do !

I like it in spite of the bus...it is great! I've also spotted a Napoleon in the left bottom corner.

Correct me if i'm wrong... but I think the artist intentionally made the bus wonky? haha Anyhow... maybe it's quirky old me.. but it really brings together the whole piece!

I like it in spite of the bus...it is great! I've also spotted a Napoleon in the left bottom corner.

I was lucky I saw the guy! I love it when people wear atypical hats in everyday places.

Correct me if i'm wrong... but I think the artist intentionally made the bus wonky? haha Anyhow... maybe it's quirky old me.. but it really brings together the whole piece!

I think the whole image was intentionally 'wonky'! lol My perfectionist side crept in towards the end and tried to rectify things but it was probably good art therapy for me to 'let it be' or laissez faire as the French say.

I like it because of those straight lines and this makes the whole picture look so structured!I am looking forward to more masterpieces. Hugs!

Archived