Mental Health Forums

Trazodone - Capsules Vrs Tablets

AppleCrumble

So I've decided to go back on trazodone, as I can't cope with the lack of feeling pleasure, constant negative/killing thoughts...

anyway, I used to be on 150-300mg of traz in tablet form...

I was given 150mg tablets this time, with some 50mg capsules to gradually introduce them again, although weirdly they aren't feeling as strong, they don't seem to knock me out so much anymore. I took 1 last night, and slept 12 ish hours, not feeling totally asleep/knocked out, when I woke 2pm ish, I took 3 more (so 150mg worth of capsules) and it didn't make me fall asleep, just low blood pressure (which is usual with them)... weird eh!

Anyway... least they didn't give me a horrendous headache like last time I started on them...

Ah hope they work for you, they were good for me last time I took them :-) Just a bit of a knockout when I went straight onto 75mg tablet (150mg cut in half) was knocked out for 19 hours lol. Was totally ditzy for a month after... think capsules seem to not have as many side effects.

So are you still on capsules? Or tablets? What dose are you on? xx

Hi Apple, im on 150 mg of the capsules. i wasnt aware they did tablets too..

I found when i first started taking them they knocked me out clean for the whole night, but now they dont even make me drowsy =

How long have you been taking them for?

I had a 150mg tablet last night, and it didn't even knock me out... can't tell if that means I'm used to them, even from taking them 2+years ago for about a year and a half I think... don't know if they can work again, if I'm not having side effects to them when I start out taking them...

Like I couldn't cross a road for a month last time I started taking them, cos I couldn't work out what was to the left, what was to the right, and whether it was safe or not... couldn't process the info I saw fast enough... but today, after only 2 days of tablets, I feel as if I haven't even taken anything!

Just find it weird it isn't making me tired/asleep :-(

Hmm they havent effected me like that, i dont think im that reactive to anti-depressants. Ive been on these ones for about 6 months. When i came off them (took myself off) a couple of months ago i had a suicide attempt, so they must be doing something positive i suppose.

I dont know how they work, but maybe once your bodys used to them they arent as effective?

Yeah, I'm worried that I'm still not going to be helped by them, if my body is still tolerant of them... like if it's blatantly not having any effect on sleep how will I know if it's affecting mood... hard to say...wonder if I should have asked to have a different SNRI to go on... hm...

I would take it up with your GP, im going to see mine again soon and i will be asking for something to help me sleep as these arent helping anymore. Though im supposed to be going on Quietiapine which is meant to zombify me, so i dont know. Maybe you could ask for something else? Do you feel they help you in other areas, regarding mood ect?

Sorry just re-read your post, you said you cant tell if its helping your mood because of how its not helping you sleep. D'oh!

Its tough but id have a chat with your doc

Archived