Mental Health Forums

Alcohol And Drug Free

JBR2890

Hi,

It's been 9 weeks since I used cocaine and three weeks since I had a beer.

Those two things really messed me up, no wonder I wasn't getting any benefit from medication. I used drugs and drank myself stupid for a long time because I couldn't admit I was ill....it was the only way I could be myself. I've now realised that it wasn't the real me...it was just a coked up idiot.

Now that I'm clear of that stuff, my mind feels so focused. I'm able to concentrate and sleep better. When I was using, I couldn't see any sort of future, just more of the same misery...but now I know I can be a better person.

Sorry if that was a bit long in the tooth, nobody knows about my addiction problem so it was good to type it!

Jordan

Thats great! Keep going! I've never had a drug addiction (although i havent tried to come off the Zopiclone yet)... But I went through a period of drinking a lot and doing a lot of xtc when i was younger because i was miserable and couldnt be myself. Ive just come out of the high and crazy fog that was Wellbutrin. Nothing like feeling more in the present!

well done mate i know how hard it can be i feel im just coming out of a 14 year weed haze and things look very different. i have not touched weed since christmas day and not drank n done coke since new years thats quite good seeing as i was doing it every week its behind me now i dont want to look back keep up the good work

Thats awesome guys! It really takes alot to break away from it, but the more time that passes the easier it gets! I decided last week to quit smoking weed as it was making my paranoia really bad, i couldnt get through the day without feeling like my world was crumbling, thinking all sorts of things that werent true! I found it hard to begin with and had the usual withdrawal, but a week later and my paranoia only raises its head about once a day now, instead of all the time like it was.

Keep it up guys and feel proud of yourselves! :D

Well done, the coke is a nightmare to 'put down', so addictive it's unreal.

And it makes mental problems so much worse- i never was psychotic until i was introduced to it. And liked it too much.

Agree with other posters about weed, its nearly as addictive, and the whole lifestyle / friends thing with it is often a trap that keeps one in it for years.

So well done all, on keeping away form all that shit.

I am a legal drug addict am, I take zopiclone. Stuff should be illegal.

Best wishes to all xx am

That's awesome!!! Well done you!! :-) Hope you can keep it up. Remember to come on here and rant/talk to people if you're feeling like you need to drink/sniff again... or Samaritans, or someone :-)

How are you celebrating your achievement? xxx

Well done, you've done really well :D I recently tried to cut down on my painkillers and even that was really hard. It's really hard to let go of something that seems to be making things better, its hard to believe that being without is better for you. But you're doing really well :)

Well done for admitting your problem. I am sure you will get lots of support here. I've never used hard drugs before but I've been an alcoholic and binge drinker in the past.

I hope you manage to stay off your addictions but don't be too hard on yourself if you have a slip-up.

• 4 months later...

Well done :)

I have binge drinking problems, I go 3/4 days without it and then something tips me over the edge and I start all over again :( Last night I came to a crossroads and got really drunk and decided this is it. No more leaning on drink. Gonna be hard :(

i've been clean from heroin for 2 years now in april just passed and am loving being straight still have cravings for it sometimes but i'm ok i left the city i was living in to get away from it all all the dealers friends/users that i new i needed a new start so i got one

Archived