Mental Health Forums

I Can Get A Kitten!

misty_waters

I've wanted a cat for a while now, and i've been trying to show my dad that i am responsible enough. Yesterday he finally said yes!

I am soo happy! ive been looking for cats/kittens for adoption... i ideally wanted a donskoy kitten but there wasn't any in my area, but there are some sphynx kittens in my area and hopefully im visiting some next week!!!

ahh! all these emotions... it's difficult to express... but im happy :D

That's fantastic! I love cats and kittens are so much fun!! Just over 3 years ago I adopted a 9-month-old kitten named Sweetpea from our local shelter. Sadly it is NOT a "no-kill" shelter and they can only keep them for a month--Sweetpea's time had run out. I said, "Oh no--I want her!" So I brought her home and she'll turn 4 in April. She's a tuxedo cat--not a purebred (altho you CAN find them in shelters), but she's black and white with green-gold eyes--yes she's gorgeous lol! She even sleeps with me! :wub:

Don't forget cats are for life - they can live 20 years... where will you be for the next 20 years... and they are pretty expensive with needing insurance (get one that covers everything, it can cost thousands very easily!), and yearly injections, spay/neuter and microchip. Cat litter too...

Glad you can have a cat though, if you can get a pair, then it's nice for them to have a friend :-) if you're out etc.

They are the only source of comfort and happiness at present for me, so yeah :-) nice that you can have some happiness too :-) Mine are my babies :-)

Tuexedo cats are THE BEST!! (Black and white) :-) Lovely nature :-) lots of cuddles, would say definitely adopt, don't go to a pet shop or private dealer... lots of gorg cats need mummies, and they're otherwise just awaiting death in a centre :-( x xxx

i know- ive been saving up for a while!

ive been finding it difficult to find the right kitten/cat because i'm allergic to fur and feathers... but i've found a couple that need good homes :)

i can't wait to have a little friend keep me company at night :)

(((misty_waters))) so lovely to read this.xx I love my animals too, but especially my cat and he shows me love when I can't love myself.xx So excited for you.xxx

That's good to hear :-) Sorry, didn't mean to sound mothery :-) Just got to protect my children's fellow species (other kitty cats, from being loved and abandoned!)...

Had a lovely spooning cuddly with my boy baby tonight for a good hour :-) He is just an angel :-) Some cats are totally cuddlers, others not so.

xxx

My Nala is a tuxedo kitty, i got her from a rescue when she was 7 weeks old, she was so tiny! Shes still a small cat for her age and she LOVES snuggling up with me under the duvet all night :) She even cuddles me sometimes for a change hehe! And she likes to be cradled like a baby! We talk to each other too, i speak to her and she always meows back :) She can also open doors! Shes so very special :inlove3:

But i agree with Apple, they can be very expensive! You can get help with spaying and neutering if your in the UK and on benefits, Cats protection will give you a voucher towards the cost, and if you get them jabbed, you can apply for PDSA help towards vets bills. Ask your vet :)

Hi & welcome!

Pity you don't live in Ireland - I have an 8 week old tricolour beauty (really cuddly & fat & furry ) to rehome, found her out on the street just before xmas.

Also have a huge big long haired orange boy cat, he's 8, and 2 youngish (18mths & 7 mths) white females, both of opposing temperaments - the kitteh in my photo is a psycho, easily offended, but underneath it all she is the most affectionate & loving, while the 7 mth old is so docile & laid back, can wear her as a fur scarf while sitting on the sofa & she dosent mind!! I love cat chat- so many cat lovers on this site , you'll fit right in :)

Good luck with your kitteh search & nice ta meet cha! xx am

Aww I talk to my babies too and we have little conversations of meowing back to each other :-) they're amazing...mine push open the bathroom door while I'm on the loo to come and be with me :-) hehe! xx

aww im soo glad people here love cats! :) ive half chosen my kitten... am going to visit them this weekend... hairless kittens because im allergic to hair (soo soo unfair because i love fluffy cats)

i'll take lots of pictures when he/she is home with me :)

Archived