Mental Health Forums

Its 2.38 Am And Still Awake

Christine001

Hi Christine

Sorry to hear you can't sleep.. do you find work stressful, i.e. is it keeping you awake during the week? I'm only asking as you say that you sleep 8 hours at weekend but then on work nights it seems to decrease? Sometimes when I'm trying to sleep and I know my alarm is going to go off at 6:30am I get anxious as I tell myself "If i don't sleep now I'll only get XX hours sleep" etc. It drives me mad but when I did the mindfulness course they encouraged that we stay in the here and now.. (sounds easy) so not worry about the past or future etc. It's really difficult to do and I still struggle with it, but it has worked on occasions for me.

Anyway, I'm not sure if there is a pattern for you with regards work nights/weekends or whether it's something else, but either way I do hope you get some better sleep soon.

Hugs

Jenny xx

Oh Christine, I'm a bad sleeper too so really understand, especially when I know I have to be up for a certain time & I end up worrying about not getting up, so then I don't sleep well at all.

I hope you get a better night tonight.x

• 4 weeks later...

:( I know how youre feelin. Last night i managed to sleep for a while but I had one of the worst nightmares in months, n didnt want to go sleep again after! I've started on some herbal type sleeping pills n stuff but If i have to get up the next day I worry so much about sleeping in that they dont work cos its like my body is keeping itself awake to worry about not being awake... Sigh!!

Big hugs :hug2:

Archived