Mental Health Forums

Things That Make Me Feel Serene.

Eagleheart

I thought i'd share this,because i am struggling badly but the following things bring me calmness.

In summer,if the weather is good,we go to a lovely spot to swim in the river.We park beside a small kirk and walk down through fields to reach the secluded spot where the river is deep and still.

The thing that stills my anxious mind is not the river but smelling the big,cerise roses that grow against the wall of the graveyard.The fragrance is divine,very intense,and wraps around my senses,taking me to a place of pure relaxation.

I am lucky enough to live in a very beautiful area.Another of the things that brings me inner calm is to go to a local loch which is so off the beaten track that hardly anyone knows it exists.There,i sit very very still and watch Ospreys. They are beautiful birds and they fly in circles above the loch,watching the water for fish.

I hope other people will share what makes them feel calm and peaceful. It's good to share such things. I want to say sorry for being relentlessly miserable recently.This topic is my effort to shift my focus from shit thoughts to nice ideas. xxx

Thank you Catsmother. Sometimes i get so caught up in feeling rubbish that i stop seeing the beauty all around.It's nice to take hold of good feelings,but they never last long.xxx

(((Eagleheart))) Really beautiful descriptions of what sound like idyllic places. Nature can be so amazing.xxx Spring & Summer coming soooooooooooooooon.xxxx

Did anyone watch The secret life of dogs last night? It was wonderfully uplifting,touching and made my heart glad.xxx

Archived