Mental Health Forums

Depression

Betsy

depression... the least exotic, most boring, most pervasive of the mental illnesses. seems everyones got it and it just goes on forever. sure there are ups and downs but it never seems to go away. is the whole world depressed? what do you do.... you just keep doing, doing anything. depression the treadmill that never shuts off. i think that is what i hate about it... you can shove it to the background but it never goes away, you can talk to friends about it and they can launch off about their depression and you are stuck alone with yours. ppl look at you and wonder what you have to be depressed about... you dont need anything.. u just r. so... you pick up and pretend and no one knows because after all in the end it is always the same... you are alone with you and your depression. even your therapists are bored by depression. who cares?

bets

((((((betsy)))))))

i dont know what i could say to make you feel any better... i know what you mean about depression coming back... but there are bits when it goes away too!

you're not alone...it can just seem that way.... you've helped loads of people here and we are here for you too!

take care,

xx

thanks kat,

i am not overwhelmingly depressed just tired of it's ever presence. ppl get tired of hearing about it so i just quit talking about it. it wears away your life and steals your joys..

thx for being here

bets

YIKES!! Bets, what's going on? You are right of course, it seems to never go away completely, but we knew that, right? When I feel like you sound, I know that I have without meaning to, embraced it. I have pulled it over myself and into myself, and rolled in it. Get up, honey! Try to pull yourself out of the sticky stuff. Maybe a nice bath or cup of coffee (extra strong) or a call. I wish we had paintshop on our bar, I'd draw you a funny picture of myself.

You gave me an idea! Check out the humor forum.

Love You Betsy! I really, really do.. :wub:

Verbena

((((((bets))))))

sometimes i find when i just get tired of it i just have to sleep for a bit, then wake up and it sometimes seems a bit better! just take each day as it comes.... and dont stop talking bout it! if it helps carry on... just choose the right ppl!

tc, xx

Verbena,

i know what you mean about embracing it... covering yourself with it and wallowing in it. i really dont think i am doing that now... it just is. i am really not on the brink of disaster or anything.. just tired to the bone. i have lots of chaotic life situations going on right now to fuel it so i dont need to do it on my own.

i know i will be okay... this too shall pass... tomorrows a new day... if life hands you a lemon make lemonade... and all the other BS but that is just what it feels like BS.

i will go to work, i will put one foot in front of the other, the depression will just have to do what it will do... i am trying to ignor it..

by the way verbena in another post you talked about doing vicodin and alchol togerher... girl that is dangerous. CUT IT OUT! see i am still the mouth oppionated *B that i have always been.

Dont want you and kat to think i am at the end of my rope i am not! please just let me ramble and dont worry about me.

bets

Earlier this year when I honestly thought my depression was coming to an end, months later when I expected to be 'normal' again, it came back, full, fast and furious!! Nobody was more shocked than me, I honestly thought once it went it would never come back again! How wrong was I????

I do understand what you mean and also how your feeling, but I still think somewhere that it can go and leave you forever, maybe I am expecting far far too much, but I think you do have to win and win once and for all.

I now try to not think about it ever returning when I am feeling good. I think I try to train my brain into thinking what I want and not what I think will happen. If that makes any sense?

Makes me feel better and gives me hope for the future and doesn't leave me moping about it coming back.

Don't know how long I can keep it up though!

Hope your feeling a little better now.

xx

Bets, sorry to say it but i agree with u...i don't think it will ever go away. I think perhaps it just comes to the point where u learn how to live, what things help etc and what things make it 100 times worse. At the mo I am going through the 100 times worse stage and really agree with alot of what u said. It is boring, it never goes away, and yes, it completely steals all your joys.

I dunno what to suggest cos at the mo i can't see through it in any way. There are ways to make the day pass a little easier but at the end of the day it is still there, still nibbling away at u, taking u piece by piece.

Who knows? Do keep rambling though bets if it helps.

Love and hugs to u all xxx

(((betsy)))

never seems to stop, does it?

they struggles seems to keep going. Your words do hit home to me, in that rutt myself at t he moment.

Just wanted to send you some warm e-hugs. i don't know you, but I have been reading a lot of your posts. Keep fighting, ok..

Nicole xx

Nik...

Nice to meet you. Thanks for the support. I am better, I am living in one of those between times. It seems like when life is hard I get better (and life for me right now is hard). But when nothing stressfull is going on in my life I get more depressed... guess i just have more time for it and am able to "duck" out of my life more easily then.. oh well, go figure.

Thanks for responding and welcome!

bets

Archived