Mental Health Forums

Does Your Cat Or Pet Snore?

Christine001

I LOL'ed when I saw this topic.

My 8 y.o cat Dumbles sleeps in my huge wardrobe , so I never know exactly where he is due to all the 'utility spaces' (ie- mess boxes) in it. I can usually figure out where after a while of being in bed, he snores like a pig! But it's a happy sound and makes me laugh so it's ok.

Dobby has just started sleepin in under the covers with me, in other cat news. It's so cute, she chirrups with happiness once shes in!

That's funny as one of my cats will not sit on your knee or near you unless she its under a cover, in bed or on the sofa, they are sisters and so different, petal and poppy and they are about 6 Hope other people have funny pet habits to tell us about.

Awww I can talk about my cats for hours. We have Teddy big old orange cat,he is a grumpy old man and really weird,he always does things that baffle us. He does this thing where if we watch him he moves his mouth and face like he is meowing but no sound comes out,I guess he thinks as were watching the facial expressions are enough. Usually it means he wants food. We also have Missy little tiger girl,she prances like a little horsey because she has braindamage and balance issues,its really cute actually.She likes to climb on me when I sleep and sleep on my hip or belly.She is the opesitte of Teddy,always in a good mood and loves everybody.Which is amazing considering she was found on the street and has a lot of health issues that cause her pain.She is a little hero. Teddy snores,Missy does this thing in her sleep where she moves her legs rapidly,we always imagine she is chasing rabits in her dreams :)

Awww "Chasing rabbits in her dreams" LOL

Dumbles - the snorer- is a big orange (bigger than some dogs!, He weighs 7kg!) huge cat and often gets grumpy with the 3 younger cats around him. He also miaows/ cries more like it to get out to do his business, or if he is locked in the house he gets embarrassed if he has had to use the litter box.

When he gets grumpy i ask him does he wanna 'go for a lie down'- this means go contemplate life in his wardrobe or on my bed

. He has all sorts of miaows - they differ in tone & pitch - for 'go out' , 'turn on the tap ,' 'breakfast' and 'special food' - those awful kitty crack whiskas pouches. They get half one a day and all 4 go mental for them.

...to further elaborate on furkids sleeping habits - luna (black kitty) growls and chirps in her sleep, lucy (black w white bib) sleepwalks - usually into one of my chests of drawers and wakes with a start, yowls at it, then goes back to sleep. all three dogs bark every night in their sleep and run in theor dreams too. We get the occasional yip from sasha (border collie cross).

Xavier (callie cat) chirrups in his sleep and purrs constantly.

Xx

Hehe, Just what I needed when I first log in this morning. :lol:

My dog snores loud,he sleeps besides me on his bed and between him and my husband it is no wonder I get sleepless nights.

Archived