Mental Health Forums

Residential Treatment Scared!

bellaboo

Hello

dont know if anyone has any info advice or experience

I'm going into residential treatment, I feel too big for this and I'm terrified but at same time my life is on hold and fed up of feeling so shit all the time, life's short and Minot really living it, but I don't know how to be comfortable in life.

What can I expect, I'm sure ill find out but I'm worrying right now.

:(

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/thin/

Link to a documetary about Renfew, an ED Residential programme in the US. Dunno how triggery it might be, I got emotional watching it the 1st time.

Jades also posted about this in Jinxtas thread " Temp ED back again" - dunno how to link thread , sorry!

Take care xx am

P.S. _ Congrats at getting a place, it might be just what you need. Keep us posted, xx

I don't know anything about it but I'm sure you will be okay and I hope that it helps you. Remember to bring anything you need comfort-wise, things like photos/ cuddly toys/ trinkets that remind you of who you are and help 'ground' you and remind you of good times. Things like a shell you got on a nice holiday. stuff like that.

*hugs* xx

• 2 weeks later...

Heyy,

Lots of people go into residential care, the job of the staff is to help you. You can make new friends and share your problems with others. Most importantly is that you will recover, although it may be away from what you're familiar with and you're scared but at the end of the day you will recover. They will help you get through this and make your life more comfortable to live. It won't be forever. Good luck and keep us posted! :-) xx

Archived