Mental Health Forums

Started My New Job Today

Tray

and really enjoyed myself! worked from 7am til 3pm, but it was ok. the rest of the 5 week training is mon - fri 8-4 so not too bad. i have passed my first assesment today, got 100% lol yay me n fire safety. have about 7 more assesments this week to do on different things, like health and safety, safegaurding adults and children etc. but i am really positive today, i was so scared i wouldnt like it.

i will be working for nhs direct, and be a health adviser on the end of the line when ppl call in for advice, so it is going to be varied work everyday. when i start 'live' calls, i will be working shifts, so could be days, nite's, weekends, but im ok with that. there are 12 of us training, but not everyone will pass the tests that we have to do, i just hope that i do!

Congratulations Tray! :D

So nice to hear you sounding so positive, I'm really pleased you are happy. Good luck with the rest of the training - though if today's assessment was anything to go by, I'm sure you'll be great!

That is great news Tray, I'm happy for you, that you are so upbeat and positive.

I hope you continue to enjoy the job and reap the rewards of a sense of belonging, higher self confidence, bigger social circle ... and of course cold hard cash! take care sweetie xx love am

thanks guys. have done another 6 assesments today, all passed yay. there are loads more to do thou, but i am gona work really hard, and yea cant wait for my first pay check lol

Nice one! : D

Nothing like that first paycheck and the knowledge that you have earned it with a job well done. Maybe you can buy yourself a little trinket or treat so that you can remember the feeling? xx

Archived