Mental Health Forums

First Day At Therapy

hanachan

Well I survived the first day of intense therapy! It was actually really great, I'm still in the process of getting everything together and getting my first one on one sessions with all the therapist, psychiatrist, nurse, and such. I think I got almost all the paper work done and I attended some of my group therapy sessions. I have a good group of people, all female so far, and already have made friendly with some of them. There are so many different groups each day Monday through Friday. Most days there are 4 different therapist that come to my group, an example would be Monday's groups: my goal setting group, anger management, an hour lunch break, grief and loss, and then expressive. Each day is different. Very interesting way they put it together. I will have to get used to the schedule, but I think if I try my hardest and put real effort into it I will get better!

I will post more later as I get into the therapy more. I am proud of myself for making this big step, I feel like recovery could be possible for me!

xxx

Hannah

Wow, well done. It sounds like it'll be intense and probably very hard work at times.. but good on you for going and giving it your best effort. I hope it'll help you in the long run x

Archived