Mental Health Forums

Assessment For Group Therapy

AppleCrumble

I just got a letter through the post today, for a review appointment/assessment by the two people who run the group therapy I have been referred to... It's called reflective borderline group therapy - and has been studied in the past - I've said yes to allowing people to view from a secret window the appointments - and so here is a transcript/scientific paper written about the group in previous group sessions, which I found quite amusing!

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/14749730412331280948

The assessment is in March, and so I still might not actually be allowed in the group - they have to see if they think we'd get on or something... but fingers crossed they'll let me in. I'm supposed to be having another review from the psychiatrist in mid March too hopefully - but I haven't heard from him yet... maybe he won't bother, I'm not sure....

Hi apple,I read the attachment and we have something similar here too. It made me think about my own situation and my awareness being an important thing I needed before moving into even more intensive therapy, and also having the validation, being with other people who understand is really helpful too and can be all that we need to get us back on track.. Good luck with the assessment xxx PS I haven't had group but did something similar 1:1.

Archived