Mental Health Forums

First Meeting With New Gp

JasmineRose

I am meeting my new GP for the first time on Friday. I'm nervous.

Basically, I need my medication. But I also need to set in place arrangements/frequency for seeing them. And introduce myself and what I deal with, I guess.

But I also need to flag up hormonal issues and a clogged ear.

How to approach all this?

I don't even know if my records will be there by then - seeing as it took them 2 weeks to actually register me, and that was only because I phoned due to needing my medication.

Help?

Thanks.

if you can write a list of everything you need to speak to the GP about. I do this all the time because my memory is awful! If you get anxious or can't speak show him/her it so they can read of it.

LBB

I can do that, no problem with that. :)

Just, what if they like have an agenda? Has anyone else had to change GP due to moving and had to explain Things? What do they ask? Are they kind?

I havent had to change surgeries but I guess you could send a email or write a letter and send/give it them before your appointment so they can read before hand in case notes arent there?

LBB

Yeah I changed GP's just a couple of months a go and it was the best thing I ever did.

Your new GP should have all the info about you already on their computers but he or she will take your blood pressure and probably weigh you too (well did with me) and also sent me for blood tests (just routine I guess)

Yeah good idea write down what you want to say, I had to change mine as my old GP left and I was been seen by locam's all the time and they didn't have a clue.

Good luck.xxx

let me know how it goes because I am debating to move GP's have been for a while but have also been worried about letting a new person in on my life.

Hope it all goes well and glad it did for you Growly

LBB

Im moving next week so need to register with a new GP. Hope i get one who listens. My old one is great. From past experience its all pretty straight forward. hope it goes well for you

Archived