Mental Health Forums

More Mistakes

lonelyheartemma

I know everyone makes mistakes and thats ok but the cmht have made so many mistakes with me and you do need to be quite mentally strong to sort it all out and it just scares me that lots of people probably never get help.

A while ago someone related to the mh service phoned to make an appt, I was asleep and my dad forgot that i'd said to wake me up if I got a call from someone health related so I missed the call. Maybe 3 weeks later I got a letter saying they'd failed to get in touch with my by phone and asked me to phone them which I did. After being put on hold for about 20 mins I finally got through to someone who said he'd make me an appt. But he checked the computer system and there was no record of me anywhere on it which is weird because I have been under the cmht twice before, once for 4-5 years or something and again about a year ago.

He said he would phone me back but never did so I emailed my GP to say should I try them again or would she rather just rerefer me. She never got my email but she did get a letter from them that she thought was meant to be about me because of the nhs number, DOB and adress. But the letter had the wrong name on (it had my two middle names but not my first name and a similar but incorrect surnane) and it said I'd failed to show up for my drug and alcohol appt. I was not refered for drug and alcohol (I don't even drink) and I never received any appt letters from them. (It is possible my parents saw it had a strange name and got rid of it but I think my mum would have given it to me as the name was fairly similar to mine)

So my GP phoned them and they said to rerefer me but explain what happened in the referal so I can go to the top of the waiting list instead of the bottom. So its not all bad but its hard work.

(((Lonelyheartemma))) This is a whopping load of errors and well done you for being strong enough to sort something out finally. As you say though, it is worrying for people who are not able to sort out for whatever reason. Tis frightening really, but well done you for navigating through the error catalogue.xxx

Archived