Mental Health Forums

*waves White Flag Of Surrender*

Riverspell

My parents can't hardly pay the bills, in fact some bills go unpaid. They can't afford to keep a well stocked kitchen, food for the pets or even vet treatment for them. We can't afford people doctors either.

And guess what?

They just brought home a third dog to go with our other two. Only 3 weeks after Kailee died.

I am rather miffed. I want to cry. Cause I know this makes us even shorter this month.

It also causes abrupt change in the house and that kind of thing is triggering for me. I've already had 4 anxiety attacks since Tuesday and this is making my anxiety worse.

What should I do?

I'm sorry they have done this and that it has upset you, I can understand why it has so your feelings are very valid.

I think it's irresponsible to have another dog in those circumstances but now that he/she is here I guess you have to try to make the most of it.

I'm not sure how old you are? But maybe you could get a part time job to help out with costs. Also work on a budget for the house with your parents to help with the finances.

I know it's frustrating to think of all this when really it's not your responsibility but all these thing will hopefully help you in the long run and give you peace of mind.

Also can you see a doctor about your anxiety attacks? I'm not sure how it works in the US but if that's not an option then look online for some techniques to help calm you once you feel yourself getting anxious..

Sorry I can't be more help but I hope you start to feel better soon

x

Can you tell them how this has affected you and point out that you don't want to be a buzz kill but that the simple fact is that keeping this dog is a bad idea for you all financially and emotionally?

It sounds like things are very tough and you're the voice of reason in your environment xx

Archived