Mental Health Forums

Trust? If You Havent Read My Past Posts Please Do So

melanie30

i am really struggling with trust issues with ANYONE after this abuse i went/am going through....and i am taking this time to take care of myself but i dont think ill ever be ready to get back into something serious again......do you think this will pass?? this really did a number on me.

To be honest with you, I do not think any one here or out there could answer your Q, No one really knows themseleves if they can/could trust again with people... No matter who they are, It may take you a good while to be able to trust say a new friend you have met, Or you may never be able to trust another soul ever again... Only in time will you know this answer for yourself...

For now thought, Try and not to worry about it, If you can and yes easier said than done, I know... And do not even think about if you could be with anyone serious again, Just take it day by day with how you feel with-in yourself...

I think it highly depends on to what degree you are able to process this,I suggest good therapy.It can help deal with the trauma but also teach you healthy bounderies and how to go about eventually letting people in again.

Archived