Mental Health Forums

Eating Disorder Or Just Odd Behavior

Mooji

Hi all. Me again.

As others have said I seem have a strange relationship with food.

For example, My partner is away with her mum for a week doing craft fairs etc so its just me and the dog in for a while. Ive got food in the house but I dont feel im worth eating the food that she brings into the house when shes not here, so this week Ive eaten a slice of toast, a packet of crisps and about a tonne of tea/coffee and im quite happy with that.

I dont feel the need to eat as much as I used to but im always hungry. The main problem is the sight, smell and look of feed isnt appealing to me anymore.

any advise?

Hi. I've a problem with food at the moment too, what I find helpful is to take small portion and to find a reason to motivate you to eat. Mine is to not hurt the family. Maybe you can say to yourself you need to eat to not hurt your girlfriend? I don't know. Take care, dear.

I can relate to the not finding food appealing in any sense. At times when I'm really struggling I try and make eating as low-key and quickly over as I can whilst still eating a balanced meal. Can you plan activities for the rest of the day so that eating just slots into a 20min gap and is not the event of the morning/ afternoon/ evening? Having other things to focus on really helps me and when I have eaten a meal without it being a fiasco it makes me feel better about things. Being hungry all the time will make you think about food constantly which is the opposite of what you want to do - eating a proper meal allows you to move on.

Hope that makes some kind of sense.

I can see what peoples points are but the issue is when im alone i dont have anyone to be Alert for or to impress. and if I save the food then I can cook my lady a meal I know she'd enjoy. Finances are tight at the min so food is not something we can afford to just waste by eating what and when I need to. so I save it.

im in a catch 22 situation, I lack energy due to no feed in my system but cant find any reason to eat to the point of being satisfied and as I hate the thought of the food I dont eat. Its self sabotage and im aware of that. Its just a habbit I am finding near impossible to break

I understand your lines, see well how a tight money situation can influence your view of food and it being almost an habit. I too feel like self-sabotage with my eating at times. Well, I haven't found the solution yet but I send you courage and strength.

In this world to be healthy we need to have healthy food. I think, the food which you had is not a healthy food and it doesn't contain the required calories. Hence you are feeling hungry again.

Archived