Mental Health Forums

'black Dog Night' An Artistic Night At The Vibe Gallery, London

Kira V Rogers

Hi everyone,

I am organising a 'Black Dog Night' event on the 9th of May. It is a fundraiser for SAIN.org.uk. I am looking for gifted individuals (artists, photographers, comedians) who have been afflicted by mental illness, to take part in our event. The objective is to break the stigma, to inform and educate. Below is the write-up of the event.

Black Dog Night

A touching, inspiring and funny evening showcasing acts, anecdotes and creative talents.

The night is designed to address the issues of those suffering hidden pain and difficulties that the outside world often doesn’t understand or even know. Although the subject is a serious one, our objective is to break the stigma of mental illness and bring a lighthearted and approachable outlook of the condition to a wide audience. The struggles faced in otherwise simple tasks lead to a unique set of problems and solutions. In all periods of personal tribulation there can be varying moments of fortitude, hilarity and indignity.

Black Dog Night, hopes to bring all of these facets from the shadows and make the invisible more visible. Our aim is that you will leave the evening entertained, informed and inspired.

Galleries website: www.vibeplace.com

Facebook event: https://www.facebook...45953152149038/

If anyone would like to get involved (we accommodate unanimity), please contact me on:

kira@vibeplace.com

Kind regards,

Kira

Just noticed a couple of spelling mistakes. Sorry, I am totally dyslexic. Fundraiser for SANE.org.uk. and we offer anonymity not (unanimity).

K

Archived