Mental Health Forums

Ok I Done It Yay Me .....

Jelly-bean

after a week of hell.... ok will recap last friday i got pain on the left side of my mouth now i do suffer with neuralgia .... so knowing this and taking so many meds at the moment i thought go natural get clove oil..... der what was i thinking....

so i got a bottle and started to apply it to my back tooth.... lots of times ....der!!! again by the evening time i were in a lot of pain so got some nurofen this helped a bit and i went to bed and tried to sleep woke up saturday in emence pain the whole side of my face had swollen up so much i could not open my mouth at all .... it looked like i were a hampster keen on storing my food in one place so so painful pressure of the swelling even hurt the back of my head couldnt touch my face at all due to the pain.its effected my eye, nose cheek, jaw, everything.. so i have been in bed trying to manage the swelling and pain ....... for a week now, the swelling has gone down a lot enough for me to see i might have an absess so i did it made an appointment with the dentist yep thats right the dentist .......for today at 4 oclock ..... it only took me a week of pain to do it ...

so yay me ...... hoping to just have anti-biotics with out a look as i cant sit in the chair and not opened my mouth for a dentist in years oh god im such a baby when it comes to dentists ..... pain has driven me to see them but will it help me to let them help me ? .......

i got this phobia as a child cos of all the touture i were put through by a dentist after having an "accident" with my mum ruff play cracked my two front teeth in half, even if i were screaming the dentist carried on working on my teeth ..... back then they just didnt care .....i know they do now but the damage is done ....

Aw, teeth pain... Sorry you're going through this one, Jelly. It's true dentists do care more now than back in time, they use analgesics and all the stuff against pain now. Be brave, it will only last some minutes and then you will be free to leave. I know it's easier to say than to do. I send you hugs and strength, dear.

I fear the dentist too,last year had a tooth ache and needed a root canal.The dentist was super nice plus I made sure I got anaesthetic, I didn't feel a thing!

I am no longer scared.........

I hope my lil story gives you a bit of faith...

I'm not gonna say I told you too last week :P, But super chuffed you've gone to be checked out m'darling... You shouldn't of put up with that pain for so long, Bad Jelly <_< ... I hope they give you the anti-B's to clear it up and it's not gone too far... Proud of you!!!...

well i went what a drama .... went in and had two people in front of me started to feel really hot and needed to lean on something next thing my troat totally closed and I couldnt breath ... i gasped please can i have a paper bag and started swaying .... i were grabed and walked to an off room where they gave me oxigen .... omg... how embarrassing, also gave me an inhaler which helped open my airways it was like my troat had gone on lock down they said the dentist wouldn't see me in this state ..... i told them that this as good as it gets with me i didnt want to have treatment just meds for abcess which yeah i got one big one not due to a tooth but cos when i had tooth out they left the nerve in ...... great means at some point i have to get that removed ...... so i wasnt that brave as id liked to have been thank you all for reading my hell time at the dentist .... and giving me support ....x

Wow, what a day! I'm sorry it turned out to be as traumatic as you feared it might but it sounds like they were well practised at dealing with such things so I'm sure you're not the first one to react like that there! Good on you for forcing yourself to go, that is a huge achievement - and hopefully one that will have you feeling pain free very soon! Hugs x

You where in fact very very brave. Brave is pushing through when its most hard, brave is not when its easy!

Super proud of you! So sorry it was so hard!

Whether you think you wasn't really that brave or not, You was defo brave in my eyes... As I know how much of a fear you have with going to see one!!! I hope the med's work fast for you and the pain eases up real soon m'darling...

(((Jelly-bean))) This sounds just all too awful and horrids for you..............think you very brave in going but as you said you really needed to go.....I hope the antibiotics kick in and relieve the pain and the swellings so that hopefully you will be able to get something done about the nerve they have left in :stun: ...............Aaaaagh..........horrids.............but through all this and wanna say a big thank you, especially with all this going on for you, for all your sortings re other stuff here.xxxxxxxxx :bigarmhug[1]:

Archived