Mental Health Forums

Psychiatry Is An Evil Practice And Denying It Is Foolhardy

illuminator

Just little reminder if you get too heated step away.I see emotions getting riled up here.I am addressing everybody here.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And i only seem rude since you aggressively dismiss my points. Human interaction is give and take. Also you seem to support interfering with others lol.. as said that's your own business.

You are angry at the wrong people. Mental Health Professionals are just the script readers. You need to be angry at the scipt writers. The ones behind the curtain pulling the strings. After all; The world is a stage.

You are angry at the wrong people. Mental Health Professionals are just the script readers. You need to be angry at the scipt writers. The ones behind the curtain pulling the strings. After all; The world is a stage.

Shakespeare! That bastard...

Get the time machine, we're going to sort him out.

Illuminator, is someone trying to force you to see a mental health service or professional now? Also have you complained about the psychiatrists in your past who have tried to force their religion and views on you?

Kitsune, I don't believe I am god no ... LoL. thought I'd throw it out there with a mooney ... Seen as a lot of nonsense is going on ya know x

What you mean people think I'm god?? ( jokes) ;-)

Thought maybe you'd issued a God challenge. 'There can be only one!' : p

Well thats Debatable ... But seen as we're not doing that on this thread I suppose I will just rant some opinionated waffle that iv generated perhaps from reading a book from the 1950s and then rant some more when no one agrees :-/ nah fuck that...

God challenge it is then?

it woiuld be better to know what you want. it is allright with you that folk dont agree with you?

People can think as they please. it's a free world.

you're angry.

that is ok.

but dont take it out on innocents please. because it can become abusive. and I'm sure you dont want to become the abuser. do you?

I understand because I have felt the same way.

But I now realise I was confused and in denial. And thats how I coped.

Nothing is pemanent. Even your current view point. Turn your head 45 degrees and you will see something new.

If you want friends there are plenty here.

If you want enemies you should make them elsehwere - a lot of us here are actually warriors who survive and to battle with is is futile.

I dont think psychiatry is evil, i think it is a power force in society

this is my view

The social model of disability is a reaction to the dominant medical model of disability which in itself is a functional analysis of the body as machine to be fixed in order to conform with normative values.[1] The social model of disability identifies systemic barriers, negative attitudes and exclusion by society (purposely or inadvertently) that mean society is the main contributory factor in disabling people. While physical, sensory, intellectual, or psychological variations, may cause individual functional limitation or impairments, these do not have to lead to disability unless society fails to take account of and include people regardless of their individual differences. The origins of the approach can be traced to the 1960s; the specific term emerged from the United Kingdom in the 1980s.

I haven't had great experiences so far with psychiatry myself... but I find the way you interact with people on this forum futile and irritating, and also misdirected/misguided.

Illuminator, you mentioned on the other thread that people's positive responses were only a representation of their own view. Is it not then possible that your negative experience could be the same given that so many people have given positive experiences?

Personally, I have had both good and bad appointments with my pdoc. Sometimes he seems very sympathetic, understanding and will recognise my intelligence, others he will plain and simple wind me up.

you wont always be alive.

you wont always be alive.

Also, why is it wrong as you are implying to be angry?

By affirming that anger is bad, you are merely projecting the biases of mental health professionals. Most of them think that anger is evil, and not justified in any instance no matter what others do. Yet they fail to realise that social structures do not reflect this view, nor even social attitudes.

You basically represent a devious attempt by mental health professionals to change society, which frankly is not their role or place. No more than professional footballers, yoga teachers, secondary school teachers, or musicians.

Illuminator, you mentioned on the other thread that people's positive responses were only a representation of their own view. Is it not then possible that your negative experience could be the same given that so many people have given positive experiences?

Personally, I have had both good and bad appointments with my pdoc. Sometimes he seems very sympathetic, understanding and will recognise my intelligence, others he will plain and simple wind me up.

Perhaps. I would say everything is subjective.

Archived