Mental Health Forums

Psychiatry Is An Evil Practice And Denying It Is Foolhardy

illuminator

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not having good day. One of the reasons being that after 8 years (after a diagnosis) my BPD is very real and I hate myself. I came on here for support but there seems to be a lot of negative arguments. I think in all walks of life there are good and bad people :crying_anim:

I am not having good day. One of the reasons being that after 8 years (after a diagnosis) my BPD is very real and I hate myself. I came on here for support but there seems to be a lot of negative arguments. I think in all walks of life there are good and bad people :crying_anim:

Sorry to hear you are having a bad day, musician :grouphug[1]:.

This site is normally a supportive place. But unfortunately, as with all internet forums, there is disagreement. And sometimes we get trolls.

Just out of interest, are you a musician? If so, thats cool :D. Am un-musical myself (but my daughter plays clarinet).

Musician19, Datas right! If you check out the rest of the forum, there are SO many other more supportive threads that you will find to be greatly comforting and of use :) You will notice that the negative threads are started by one individual.

I used to play the piano, but have little hands and never had a natural talent for it! I would love to revisit it someday.

• 2 weeks later...
What you mean people think I'm god?? ( jokes) ;-)

Thought maybe you'd issued a God challenge. 'There can be only one!' : p

I said you were acting God-like since you are presuming I must absorb all that you say.

It's ironic that you say I am hostile here (which I do admit incidentally), however you presume that a stranger online must adhere to anything you tell him lol... If my social interactions here are not "proper", are yours? lol... In honesty, only my parents or those close to me frankly hold a right to interrogate me or scold me. Somebody on a computer thousands of miles away doesn't and never will earn that right ;) And regarding social interactions, I'll expect in a future posting, you may "demand" I answer your posts to a tee, but say "lol" or some such to mine.

Don't really understand what ur going on about or what the point your trying to make is, it sounds like a load of waffle really. You use language like an educated person but in actual fact your posts contain little substance ... Just saying

Don't really understand what ur going on about or what the point your trying to make is, it sounds like a load of waffle really. You use language like an educated person but in actual fact your posts contain little substance ... Just saying

lol.. who are you to say how I can express myself?

Also, my "point" was that his double standards are glaring, and he expects me to listen to him like he's my father lol.. That's not how strangers interact, is it?

So you accuse me of 'saying how you can express yourself' even though I did not. You then complain that Kitsune may express themselves by replying with to your post with 'lol' even though this is how you replied to mine. Then you accuse someone else of having double standards!

LOL

You give me a headache.!

No I don't find you hostile, just pointless, annoying and boring.

As Data suggested in another thread today, it's probably best to ignore you, and this is what I will be doing from now on.

however you presume that a stranger online must adhere to anything you tell him lol...

You are doing the same thing illuminator. You are trying to push your bad experiences with mental health professionals onto others on this site and pretty much expecting them to adhere to everything you tell them.

You also seem to hate that mental health professionals have tried to push their opinions on you, but you seem to do the exact same thing to others.

It was very nice to see that you started to explain your bad experiences on another thread, but as soon as people replied with their own opinions and experiences, you belittle them.

You are going round and round in circles ad nauseum.

You cannot expect people to engage in a debate with you in a reasonable and objective manner, when you are unable to do so yourself.

Psychiatry in the UK is frankly evil, and the following points denote why:

- Why don't mental health professionals actually understand how society is structured? Many of them still believe it's the 1950s and that the same values apply. Most even think that modern values are a pathology, yet is there evidence for this?

- Psychiatrists pick and choose who to treat well, based on flippant criteria of being "nice".

- Psychiatrists believe that atheism is an illness, and distrust patients who are not religious

- Psychiatrists seek to punish patients, which is the reason they enter the profession. If somebody has cancer, then doctors would compassionately assist them, but not seek to punish them.

Why can't psychiatry be outlawed? Why do we need it?

And what even characterises "mental illness"? Maybe psychiatrists who don't get the society THEY LIVE IN are mentally ill.

Illuminator, you are not a troll in here. I agree with many points you bring forth about psychiatry. I have had 25 years of experience with this professsion.

My last therapist was much younger than I am and I oftened believed he was naive and from another world, Sometimes I thought HE is LEARNING about society from ME:

I once read a book called "The enemy in my room". A book written by a psychiatrist about his experiences with psychiatric patients. (The chapter on his patient with BPD was horrific. His first impulse was to run and deny her therapy).

An acquaintance of mine once decided to seek out a therapist. Her experience was: "You hear a lot of sh* about yourself".

I had a judge section me, without even "hearing" my arguments about why I wanted to leave the clinic. He never asked me ONCE. He just said he "trusts" the judgements of the doctors.

Sometimes it reminds me of an experience I had lately when my mom was hospitalised. Those nurses had no "time". She is dement and they couldnt be bothered. They restricted her just to have their peace, because the had "so much more to do".

When I was in withdrawal my pulse went up to over 170. I was frightened and asked the nurse to please check my pulse. He told me to leave him alone - I am getting on his nerves.

x Elke

Archived