Mental Health Forums

Are There Any Mental Health Professionals On This Forum?

illuminator

If there are, can I pose some questions to you?

Why do you not understand how UK society is structured? Why do you presume that the values of the 1950s still apply in society?

Why do you detest anti-theism? Can't you separate your personal beliefs from your professional judgments?

Why do you detest UK society in general and believe its norms are illnesses? if you hate the country so much, why not simply leave?

Why do you believe mental patients must be punished, but cry out in horror if a cancer patient is "punished?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um... what.

Norms are illnesses in the UK? Excuse me, please elaborate.

I don't really understand you, you seem to be a bit too angry to make sense. Maybe eat a Snickers.

Um... what.

I don't really understand you, you seem to be a bit too angry to make sense. Maybe eat a Snickers.

I don't eat chocolate.

And why am I not allowed to pose questions?

Um... what.

I'm simply stating that as mental health professionals are all scum, I want to question them and put them to task.

It sounds like you have a lot of prejudices about psychiatrists and I guess these stem from your bad experiences. You have obviously felt hurt by psychiatrists in the past and I empathise with that because I have been hurt also. But you have to realise that psychiatrists are human too and you get good and bad ones.

this is a peer support forum..... for people with mental health issues, you seem very anti professional... which you are entitled to your opinions, but please bare in mind that not all will agree with you...

Well, how are they all scum? What do they do? What have they done to you?

I have found several psychiatrists and therapists very useful and beneficial to myself.

Well, how are they all scum? What do they do? What have they done to you?

I have found several psychiatrists and therapists very useful and beneficial to myself.

They're scum since they mock their patients and their personalities. They don't even understand the basic norms of UK society, and they seem to detest difference in people no matter how slight or seemingly innocuous.

It sounds like you have a lot of prejudices about psychiatrists and I guess these stem from your bad experiences. You have obviously felt hurt by psychiatrists in the past and I empathise with that because I have been hurt also. But you have to realise that psychiatrists are human too and you get good and bad ones.

I believe a "good" mental health professional is an oxymoronic term.

Illuminator, I understand you are angry but there are a lot of people here who are vulnerable and taking your anger out on other members isn't a good idea.

I have issues with mental health professionals also and I'd be happy to discuss this issue with you as long as it is civilised.

We do not call people names here.

And we do not randomly spout accusations. If this thread annoys you then simply stay away.

Psychiatrists come into play when a person's behaviour towards themselves or others is an area of concern or causes damage. Ultimately they are supposed to help, many can end up being heavy handed and unsympathetic, mostly because of their own bad experiences, being prey to the inflexibility of society itself and also the difficulties of working with the complex needs of the individuals in their care. It is also not an exact science and can lead to disappointment and frustration with both patients and the professionals trying to help them. It is not an industry for the faint hearted.

But it is not one size fits all, ask anyone here and they will probably be able to share stories of professionals who have both helped and hindered them.

Society and its views towards mental health and difference is itself very unsympathetic at times, it is inherently mistrustful of certain personalities and behaviours, and while that is frustrating, it is also natural. It isn't just psychatrists which screw over members of society, it is certian individuals themselves.

Psychiatrists come into play when a person's behaviour towards themselves or others is an area of concern or causes damage. Ultimately they are supposed to help, many can end up being heavy handed and unsympathetic, mostly because of their own bad experiences, being prey to the inflexibility of society itself and also the difficulties of working with the complex needs of the individuals in their care. It is also not an exact science and can lead to disappointment and frustration with both patients and the professionals trying to help them. It is not an industry for the faint hearted.

But it is not one size fits all, ask anyone here and they will probably be able to share stories of professionals who have both helped and hindered them.

Society and its views towards mental health and difference is itself very unsympathetic at times, it is inherently mistrustful of certain personalities and behaviours, and while that is frustrating, it is also natural. It isn't just psychatrists which screw over members of society, it is certian individuals themselves.

Your definition of mental illness is bollocks.

Firstly, even murderers and rapists are not mentally ill per se, and they do "damage" to people. And what is "concern"? That's too subjective a label.

Mental illness doesn't even exist, since it cannot be defined.

Funny weird.

I mean, mental illness, it's where you can't function in society due to a mental trait.

Look, I get it, you've had bad experiences with mental health pros.

From your typing I get you're an atheist, some kind of conservative.

Murderers and rapists can be mentally ill, just like anyone. Some people are ill some people are just evil.

Funny weird.

I mean, mental illness, it's where you can't function in society due to a mental trait.

Look, I get it, you've had bad experiences with mental health pros.

From your typing I get you're an atheist, some kind of conservative.

Murderers and rapists can be mentally ill, just like anyone. Some people are ill some people are just evil.

I'm a libertarian, and not a conservative.

Murderers and rapists are not mentally ill per se. I was saying your definition of mental illness is bollocks.

Libertarian, figures.

I know you said that, so someone like, Ed Gein wasn't mentally ill, huh? Didn't understand right or wrong?

What is your definition of mental illness, Lumi? Mine is you're in so much psychological distress or pain you need care, such as, let's say you crave isolation so much you can't hold down a job, buy food, pay utilities or you're haunted by something that happened to you so every loud noise surprises you, every night every waking moment drifts back to it. So what's your definition?

And why are you here? Are you here to criticize the treatment of mental health or what?

Illuminator - do you think that this forum is full of mental health professionals? It isn't. I know that there is a part of the site which you can subscribe to for support but these forums are for individual people who choose to join and share their problems and life stories. This place is full of kind, helpful people who support each other. We don't come here to start a fight or attack each other. You sound angry and pissed off at the world and your treatment at the hands of mental health professionals. A lot of people will understand that and will give you support here but could you maybe tell us a bit more about what has happened to make you so angry? I am not a mental health professional - just someone who has been given a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder, who has found this site really helpful and supportive when I have felt sad, lonely, depressed, angry, etc.

Libertarian, figures.

I know you said that, so someone like, Ed Gein wasn't mentally ill, huh? Didn't understand right or wrong?

What is your definition of mental illness, Lumi? Mine is you're in so much psychological distress or pain you need care, such as, let's say you crave isolation so much you can't hold down a job, buy food, pay utilities or you're haunted by something that happened to you so every loud noise surprises you, every night every waking moment drifts back to it. So what's your definition?

And why are you here? Are you here to criticize the treatment of mental health or what?

I don't think it can be defined.

Archived