Mental Health Forums

Had Cpn Appt Today

AmyP

turns out the a&e hospital team didn't ring her as they promised...surprise surprise, so had to tell her everything. she was nice about it all, think she's guna be a pretty good cpn. said she doesn't think i'm well enough to work atm and is guna help me apply for benefits. also said she's guna refer me to DBT group, art group and eating disorder team. has arranged for a meds review and rang my work to tell them im off sick. to be fair she did a lot, if she actually does what she said she will.

not sure how i feel about benefits. on one hand if i do get them it will help me get my head sorted and stop me plummeting further. but on the otherhand im now back at square one again. cpn said isn't a failure, is good that im doing something before i go into crisis again.

not sure how i feel about eating disorder team either. can see ive lost a lot of weight and am technically underweight, but wouldnt say i have an eating disorder. isn't that bad. probably wont take me on anyway so wont be a problem.

feel bit less anxious after the appt, good to know somethings hopefully guna get sorted.

hi (((((dory)))

I'm glad it was productive. She sounds really proactive and supportive.

Don't worry about feeling like a failure, you've got a really stressful job and being off sick sounds like what you need right now. It's not a step back just a change in direction.

hang in there

sending you much love and hugs

xxx

re work, never a failure, you do brilliant to get the job, to do all those awful shifts deal with some difficult people and situations and all without much support from employer. Id say you were not a failure at all you did good. now recognising you need to concerntrate on you is good too. xx

((((Pandora)))) I'm really pleased to hear that you are going to get some support right now through this very difficult time.xxx Well done you for reaching out too, cos that isn't so easy either.xxxx

I am glad you shared this, I always hope you are doing better and this sounds like a positive step to getting there. xoxo.

That's so positive!

Wow, it's good to hear about CPNs who do their job properly.

I was involved with the eating disorder team but they backed off because I wasn't prepared to help myself

so now my eating disorder is worse than ever. x

Really great news xxx

Archived