Mental Health Forums

The Positive Things We're Gonna Try And Do With Best Intentions Thread Mark 2!

OrangeLamp

Well, I was just thinking about how much this thread helped me last time, and it does give me some hope in my lowest moments to read about the positive things we can squeeze out of life to focus on and cling to.

Don't know if anyone really has wondered where I've been lately. Being my usual self lurking :) It's been quite difficult to post, no idea why...just sometimes find it hard to post about myself.

I decided to give up teaching at long last as a career as it was causing so much stress it made me feel suicidal, nearly every day, and I don't think I deserve that anymore. I tutor now which is really nice, and enables me to change my hours to suit myself according to my ups and downs...and its a lot less stressful without the school stress and hours invading my life.

Other than that I'm with someone now which is lovely :) She is very nice and we're going on holiday in a few weeks which I'm excited about!

But yeah! Purpose of this thread which I kinda hijacked from myself is to write two things you did that were positive today, and two things you aim to do the day after. I'm going to try and start posting in it every day and see how it goes. It went pretty well last time but I stopped at christmas lol. I'm feeling hugely lethargic at the moment and slightly low so I'm going to try and motivate myself with this thread, as it was so nice before :)

Hoping you're all well as always. Here is a picture you may like...

OL.

Hey. Sorry we haven't spoken in a while. I have been thinking of you and hoped that you were ok. Tutoring sounds a much better idea and I'm glad it is working out for you. I love the picture btw :-) lol. Today I'm off to do voluntary work and then hopefully relax without feeling low tonight. Tomorrow is the same, long hours of vol work then hope to be nice to partner and not bossy. At vol work I hope to not be anxious and to smile and be friendly all day (greating people and selling tickets for a fair, exhausting work! 9 hours both on Sat and Sun! Eek!) Xx

Thanks for the pic it put a smile on my face. I have been the same about posting ive been finding it hard myself. So a positive thing for me to do today is have a shower and reply to a couple of posts.

(((OrangeLamp))) Love the pic.........that's made me smile so thank you. Sounds like your decisions to change from teaching to tutoring have been a really good move for you.xxx and how lovely you now be with a lady and you will be doing nice things.xxx That's great.x

I'm struggling with myself, but today I forced myself out really early to take back some bulk buy cat food (Butchers), that my boy just won't eat..........Ive lost time somewhere and didn't realise it is nearly a month since I bought it, but been meaning to take it back and this morning finally did it. Know it doesn't sound much but i havent been able to get myself together to do it. I will try and have a pampering bath too rather than a slap and tickle and just get it over with...........

Thanks for posting this thread.xxx

hello lovely orange. sounds like your still doing well, always good to hear.

hmm two good things.

1. I bothered to make myself look nice as it makes me feel better, and discovered in the process i look a tad awesome in full on eyeliner. Proper punk chick!

2. I walked into town to get myself out of the house while im on my own. Got a few weird looks as i have a habit of talking to myself but who cares eh.

glad your well my friend xxx

Hi all :)

Thanks for thinking of me apple

Glad the pic put a smile on your faces pickle and barb...I have more :P

Awesome that you're going out for a good time christine, sounds like you've been stressed lately it'll probably make you feel loads better :)

Thanks for replying pan :) really glad to see you're doing well too, ah who cares about the looks eh! They must be jealous :P

As for today I'm going to relax and chill by reading some of my book on philosophy and prep my work for my tutoring on monday :)

Such a brilliant idea! When we feel pants it's easy to ignore the good things, and I think we give our selves a hard time by not even noticing the GOOD we have done.

I actually feel awful today but can even think of more than two good things, so that's something positive in its self

1) I observed and described my feelings to somebody close instead of just being mean to them because I wanted them to know I was hurting

2) I recognised I was struggling so put my recovery plan into action: looking at positive posts and skill encouragement on here, took my meds, mindfully cooked my own dinner and decided on an early night

Tomorrow I will:

1) be on time to see my children and make the most of all the positive moments and push a side my intrusive "what if" and "I might get something wrong thoughts"

2)get on top of atleast one room in my flat, as the mess is winding me up.

Might join you on this thread, nice idea :) xx

Archived